Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Basspro Shop Return Policies

Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Spike

Default Basspro Shop Return Policies

Below is a letter written to Basspro Shop's customer service. Might want to read it before buying anything from them, or at least thoroughly review their return policies.

I am writing you in regards to your return policies. I recently purchased a pair of pants and jacket off of the basspro.com website, but when I received them they were too large. I live about 70 miles from the retail store in Baton Rouge, La and wrongly assumed that I could just bring the clothing (with tags and receipt) back to the store and exchange them, thereby allowing me to try on the next set first.

What I discovered is that Basspro has, what could be, the worst return policy of any retail chain I have ever shopped. Not only was I told I am not supposed to return online orders to a store, but that I also would LOOSE $20 if I had to return the jacket for store credit because it had been on sale for cheaper than I had paid in the last 90 days. EVEN WITH THE RECIEPT SHOWING WHAT I HAD PAID!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I have purchased from Cabela’s and Walmart online and never had any problems returning orders to a local store and getting WHAT I PAID back, or exchanging the items.
I am a regular customer of Basspro Shop’s online store, as well as my local store, but no more. From this day forward I will only make purchases from other chains that have return policies that serve their customers, not the corporate profit margin. Cabela’s and Walmart both have an excellent return policy, whether you purchase online or locally, and you ALWAYS get back what you paid. Not the lowest price of the last 90 days. Academy Sporting Goods also has an excellent return policy.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Fork Horn

You would think because of the economy and Bass Pro's business being off as much as it is, they would want to make sure their customer base is kept secure. But I guess they don't care.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

I had a problem with Bass Pro Return policy in the past as well. I purchased some items at the Bass Pro store about 75 miles from where I live and I do not drive all that way every month or two, so I tried to return the items and was told that there was a 30 day return policy even with receipt. If I had not had a receipt it would actually have been better because I could say that I only purchased them a couple of weeks ago. But if they had been on sale at anytime within the last 90 days then they would only give me store credit for the lowest price in that time. Terrible policy but I can see how customers can take advantage of a liberal return policy as well. It only hurts the honest customers though.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Spike

You were misinformed by the associate you talked to i believe. I work for bass pro on pace and theres not anything you cant return to the store. Redhead products and just about everything they carry is damn near covered with a lifetime warranty. I've returned broken arrows that i broke way before i was an associate. I had a pair of two year old waders start leaking on me and they let me return them no questions asked. My advice would be to make sure when you talk to someone you talk to the managers and dont let them give you any crap, remember your the customer, without you they dont make money. Whoever you talked to was way misinformed.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

I believe that is very true in most cases. It seems like the bigger the stink a customer creates the more they get by with. It stinks it is like that, a customer just wants the ability to return a item that they have not used and is still in good condition. I worked a long time ago for Wal-Mart, when it was run by Sam Walton and people use to return all kinds of old crap. His motto was the customer is always right. Then the customer may return to buy more another day, but if you make the customer mad they may never return.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stab-it
You were misinformed by the associate you talked to i believe. I work for bass pro on pace and theres not anything you cant return to the store. Redhead products and just about everything they carry is damn near covered with a lifetime warranty. I've returned broken arrows that i broke way before i was an associate. I had a pair of two year old waders start leaking on me and they let me return them no questions asked. My advice would be to make sure when you talk to someone you talk to the managers and dont let them give you any crap, remember your the customer, without you they dont make money. Whoever you talked to was way misinformed.

Big bold letters right off of the return policy found at Basspro.com:

All items must be returned to the location they were purchased.

Also in the policy:

"Retail store locations do not accept the return of items purchased through the catalog/online."

And then this:

"Other return restrictions may apply, please contact your local retail store for additional information on returns."

What in the hell is that???? So every store has different policies and I have to check each one before I buy something???

And as for time....there was this:

"If the item was purchased at a Retail Store, you may return it to us within 30 days of purchase."

You say you worked at the store? I would say you didn't know your own store policies on returns.....

Here is cablea's policy:

We are proud of the quality of our products and want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied, we will provide a refund or exchange the item within 90 days of the purchase.

And, they will take it back no matter what store it was purchased from or if it was online or catalog. And, every store has the same policy.

Academy Sporting Goods will take back just about any damn thing, no questions asked. They are almost as good as Walmart.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by stancel
You say you worked at the store? I would say you didn't know your own store policies on returns.....
I'm fully aware of what the return policies say. What im saying to you is that if you had talk to a manager then they should have made the return. I have returned many things from the online store to the local store. Yes, they did say they couldn't do it, but as soon as I talked to a manager they will approve. I'll continue to shop as bass pro, not because i work there but because i've never had problem with their service or their return policy. Hell, they've even let me return ammunition and that is there biggest nono
Old 09-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by stancel
Not only was I told I am not supposed to return online orders to a store, but that I also would LOOSE $20 if I had to return the jacket for store credit because it had been on sale for cheaper than I had paid in the last 90 days. EVEN WITH THE RECIEPT SHOWING WHAT I HAD PAID!
Also, this is were i was saying you were very misinformed. If you had no receipt then they would have to give the sale price from the last 90 days. With a receipt they have to give you the full amount paid back. Just because they work at the front desk does not make them smart. Final solution, talk to the front end lead
Old 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

So what you are saying is that no matter what a store policy is, complain and scream and act out and you will always get your way. Why would a store have a store policy on returns if you can ask to speak with a manager and he will bless your return and you get your money back. The bottom line is that Bass Pro Shops return policy stinks.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Spike

No, i never said scream or act out. Ask to speak to a manager and talk to him and let him know your situation, talk to them like a normal person. The associates who work at the return desk don't have the authority to go against the store policy. The managers are there to help customers out, not turn them away so they don't come back, No matter what the "official" return policy says.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.