Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Has Anyone Ever Seen Or Used This For Deer? >

Has Anyone Ever Seen Or Used This For Deer?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Has Anyone Ever Seen Or Used This For Deer?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I also saw the commercial the other night. You watch... If one of those PRO(motional) Hunters start killing big deer in those high fenced areas with one of these in their pocket they will sell like hotcakes in the big retailers located in the cities. I had to laugh when I heard them say it "Calms the Deer" when they hear other deer eat. Umm OK maybe I can modify my deer decoy so he licks his nu+$ that may also put them at ease.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

As crazy as this sounds? Dont hit me with sticks but ducks love to hear the feed chuckle? Geese too! So im thinking gimmic like the snort wheeze? Ive hunted along time and ive seen alot ive never heard it in the wild. And it scares the crap out of deer on tv 9 of 10 times! But ya never know? Ill buy it if you try it! Lol
Old 08-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've harvest a Brazillion deer in my life without one, I don't think it would help.
I agree, looks like a gimmick to me.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez, what won't they think of next. It is solely designed for one purpose...to separate you from your money.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

How close does a deer have to be in order for it to hear another deer chewing? I would have to say if it can hear chewing it's already close enough to shoot.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

lol i seen it at bass pro on sunday.it looks real cheap 2! it is meant to mimic the dominant deer! the ones to impatient to wait for the acorns to fall! they climb 25 feet in a tree and eat there own! lol
Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Thumbs down

If used in conjunction with a feeding posture decoy it might draw an angry doe trying to defend it's territory, but I sincerely doubt that a monster buck would fall for that. Wait until it goes on clearance if you can't resist buying one, I'm sure there will be plenty left at the end of the season.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks like it would make a good combination to use with the deer view mirrow and the cough silencer.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

In testing by the HS guys last year they actually did have good luck with it. I've got one sitting within arms reach right now, ridicule me if you like but I'm going to try it, how else would you know. Sure I'm not going to try it for the first time on a mature buck, but if I've got some young bucks or does I'll give it a shot. It is intended to relax deer, so I can say from experience if I've got a doe near my treestand that's blowing or stamping and may alert a big buck in the area, I'd do almost anything to shut her up. We'll see.

As for the snort wheeze, yes it scares deer, it's a challenge call it's going to -- But myself and others I hunt with have had it work when nothing else will, it won't every time and I don't just sit in my tree snort wheezing all day but there is a time and situation where it will work. Knowing when it's that time it the tough part, and we all guess wrong at one time or another.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's right up there with the butt out tool!

Hey, Timmy, tag a bag of pork skins with you and you can leave that thing at home!

Last edited by Monie; 08-21-2009 at 08:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.