Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Special Golden Estrus

Old 08-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Spike

code blue- got it from cabelas.

last year spent some big money on two bottles...not one buck
Old 10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Spike

Default they work

Pats thats because on cold days the scent is pushed down. But I have used special golden estrus for a couple of years now and i have had amazing results but i find it more effective prerut
Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Spike

I've tried many different brands of scent with with little to no success.2 years ago I started using Bob Kirschner's scents with great results.I've connected on 2 nice buck in 2 years and I'm sure his scent had alot to do with getting those deer.The first year I had a 10 point follow my scent trail right to my treestand and stop,giving me a perfect broadside shot.If you follow his advice I'm sure you will have the same results.The hardest part is controlling your human scent as best you can.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

save your money, it's another bull-oney sales gimmick. I have tried code blue, tinks and one or two others and pppppppppppppp, nothing. stuff is better served as cover scent for your boots.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Spike

"I was hunting from my property in a stand I built in a highly pressured area. I had made a mock scrape in a run that came right to my stand about 25 yards from the stand. For the whole Vermont bow season I had added the trails end #307 to my ultimate scrape dripper. I had seen no deer coming though during the daylight hours but did have one come in under me that did not come right out in front of me near nightfall. I was checking my scrape and finding tracks in the scrape in the mornings.

Last edited by jrbsr; 11-23-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Inappropriate site