Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Opinions sought for new product idea >

Opinions sought for new product idea

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Opinions sought for new product idea

Old 07-16-2009, 10:26 PM

sounds like a good one and not a bad price.if itt comes in camo.Good luck!!!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Camo would be great for bowhunting providing one could actually shoot a bow while wearing it, but as for gun hunting deer here in WV you would need to have at least 400 sq. inches of blaze orange visible to be legal while hunting.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 AM

Thanks guys for your thoughts and comments ... and good wishes. I really appreciate the feedback, and can definately use some good luck right about now.

WVCritter, my original thought was to make the product reversable, camo on one side and blaze orange on the other. But reversable zippers can be kinda cranky and hard to deal with. Because of your comment, I'm now intending to color the inner ply, which is a thick fur-like lining, blaze orange. I don't think I'm going to use reverable zippers, but the product can be used inside-out during gun season if so desired. It will be a little awkward operating the zippers from inside the garment, but definately doable and ought to get the job done for the short gun season. Note, however, that the orange inside ply is not waterproof and would soak-up water like a sponge. The middle ply will prevent the water seeping all the way through to the hunter, but the garment would get heavy from the water. Again, not perfect ... but hopefully a useful item for hunters.

OK, guys, any ideas on how to market the item? One national hunting and fishing retailer has expressed interest in carrying the product. We're supposed to discuss it in October. Who knows if they will ultimately bite. Frankly, I'm assuming they wont (yeah, it's been that kind of life).

If not, would gun shows and outdoor shows be good places to sell this product? Internet and magazine ads are expensive, but certainly an option. This site seems to be a good choice. Do you know of any other sites I should consider? What would be the best magazines?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moved to the Hunting Gear Reviews section...
Old 07-17-2009, 01:11 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay a few thoughts

Frist off Green and Gold Da Ole Packer colors you could sell more. Lambeau only gets heated by sitting next to someone fat!

Turkey hunting
I realy don't see that as praticle as a traditional turkey hunter moves from place to place quite a bit. Cold out I just add an extra layer which usually is Gortex as those are thin - block the wind and wet very well and is light wt.

However - I see a Blaze orange product as very usable for deer hunting as all in my group sit an open air outdoor stands from dawn to dusk. But again it would need to be quiet - fleece outer skin and not stiffen up in cold as some materials do.
And waterproof. Roll up with a strap to carry would be nice to and from.
And reversible is a must for me too as Camo to Blaze would be ideal for both deer and duck/goose. But I would want a zipper that can be used on either side. With one side being able to hold water would not do for me.

Yes gun shows and any outdoor symposium shows would be a good place to start as there are quite a few.

Try contacting the big outdoor clothes stores such as Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander, Sierra trading post, etc.

But just some musings - you asked

JW
Old 07-24-2009, 07:07 PM

Opinions sought for new product idea-img_1802myfav.jpg

What do you guys think of using this design for this product?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Definitly would need to be in camo (realtree,mossy oak,etc.). Has potential at the price point your looking at. Being windproof and waterproof is a great selling point. I would be available to field test one of the camo versions if you decide to test the hunting market.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by rritchey sr.
Definitly would need to be in camo (realtree,mossy oak,etc.). Has potential at the price point your looking at. Being windproof and waterproof is a great selling point. I would be available to field test one of the camo versions if you decide to test the hunting market.
Thanks ritchie. I take it that you are less than impressed with the snow pattern I attached?

What do you think of the camo pattern attached below?
Attached Thumbnails Opinions sought for new product idea-camoatj.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

I like the looks of the camo here, but I would like to see it on a larger scale to make a final judgement.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Spike

You are going to want to sell it in multiple camo patterns and blaze orange as well. Have you ever thought about incorporating silver ions in it to help with odor? Unlike carbon, silver ions are scientifically proven to reduce or even eliminate odor.
check it out, http://www.noblebiomaterials.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.