Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Toyota Tundra

Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine of more than 30yrs sells them for a living. So when I was buying a new truck a couple months ago he was steering me towards the Tundra. They are great looking lots of power and sound even better. For me there not very comfortable and for the $$$$ very few bells and whistles. You can't go wrong with them their dependabity speaks for it's self. G L
Old 07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Switchback_XT
how does they do on gas when pulling a full load on trailer?
Mine does 10mpg while towing the boat, but that's 8000lbs.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Spike

My 08 is getting around 16 in the city.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

I have a 2007 Tundra 5.7 liter. I really like this truck. I haven't had any problems with the truck at all. I get around 15.5 mi/gal according to the truck (haven't checked it myself).
Old 07-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy has a new one.No problem pulling a 24 foot camper.It just killed us in gas.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Spike

I have a bit of animosity towards a specific Toyota dealership, but that's a long story.

As far as the company, and vehicles...well, there's no room to complain. Everything I know about the Tundra is quite good, although my wife used to sell them so that may taint things. In terms of Toyota pickups it all comes down to one incident for me.

My dad has a mid 90's Toyota pickup. One day he ran over an elk. No, he didn't run into an elk, he literally ran over one. He was going down the highway and a vehicle in the next lane hit the elk, launching it into him. No brush guard/roo guard/reinforced bumper, no special skid plate, only a 2" lift. It left a big dent on the hood and sheared a control arm. He was able to find the parts in the middle of nowhere, fix it, and be on his way very shortly. I always think about that when I see a scrawny whitetail total a vehicle.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

When the new tundra came out, it had problems with the CAM. it required a new motor for those affected. NOT GOOD. Also had problems with the tailgates folding when you sit on them or load anything with any weight.

I currently own a Ford which i think is the best truck out there from a durability stand point. My next truck will either be a ford or Tundra. I think toyota has fixed some of these issues i mentioned on the 2010. But only after lots of consuer complaints.

That being said, i do belive that domestic pickups are still better than foreign. Americans just know how to build trucks. nevertheless, i will be looking at the tundra too for my next truck.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was going to buy one as well 6 months ago, but the dealer couldn"t locate one with in 260 miles!!! besides they offered me crap for my Ford ranger on a trade and only would take off $3,000.00 on a truck that listed for $38,000.00!!!!

Soooooo, 2009 Chevrolet Silverado here I came!! Almost $10,000.00 off sticker price and it has "active fuel management", where 4 cyl. cut out at crusin speed, giving me an honest 20 MPG on the highway.

While I love that Motor on the Tundra much better, they didn't want to deal at all and acted like they were doing me a favor by talking to me!! C-ya!!