Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Gorilla Greyback Climbing Stand >

Gorilla Greyback Climbing Stand

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gorilla Greyback Climbing Stand

Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Default Gorilla Greyback Climbing Stand

Does anyone have experience with this stand my local Bass Pro has one on sale for 169.99, is this a good price. Any pro's or con's?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gorilla Greyback Climbing Stand

$169.99 seems a little high, i got mine for $149.99 from sportsman guide and in the catalog ive got there $149.99 in bass pro. As for the stand its self it just ok. It heavy as all get out and it squeeks a bit if you stand up. Next year im using mine as a fixed stand. Do yourself a favor and spend some extra money and buy a better climber, i would suggest either alone wolf or a treewalker. JMO
Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Well in the magazine it said 149.99 now in like two days it is 169.99, and I do not want to spend alot.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well for the price i guess it's not a bad stand but i know you said you dont want to spend a lot but trust me, you'll be happier with a better stand than this one.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Okay i'll look at a few more.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Spike

I've had mine for two seasons now and I agree with the above. My wife bought mine for me for Christmas in 2007. She knew I wanted a climber, but didn't know what kind. She just bought what she saw at Wal-Mart...Oh well, it's the thought that counts. I do long for a better quality climber, and I've hinted around to her that I may have to get a different climber soon.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

I like mine except for one thing, it's loud. Loud to set up, squeaky at times especially when cold. For this reason, i do not use it anymore. Well, if someone needs a stand to use for rifle season in a new place, I let THEM use it, lol.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have one as well. It's not bad but i'd like to get a better one. More money didn't fit in the budgetat the time and i got mine for $119 plus shipping which came up to $144 for second day. I don't remember where I bought it but I think it was on amazon.com.

It's kind tight when you're sitting in it and a little loud. I will say this though: When I was setting it up and wasn't extremely familiar with it and making a bit of noise I had 3 deer run up behind me to see what was up. I thought about giving up the rattling bag for the stand! I'm 5'9" and my knees are up against the rail practically. If you can afford a better one get it. If not, it will work. I haven't felt unsafe in it and with a bow or gun holder attached it really helps free up some space but that's rally my biggest issue with it. You can minimize the noise by getting accustomed to setting it up. the shoulder straps are definitely not made to carry the thing around for an extended period of time either. My butt tends to get cold after sitting for a while too because of the mesh seat but that can be a good thing in the early season I suppose. I only did winter hunting this year.

Again, on a budget it will work. On a higher budget you'll be happier with another stand.