Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cold Hands please help!!

Old 11-28-2008, 03:56 PM

Default Cold Hands please help!!

I hunt in usually mid 20 to low 30 degrees weather. I have bad circulation in my hands and when i am sitting in my tree stand after an hr my hands get cold. I wear a pair of wool gloves with the removable top to shoot. I am looking for a new pair of gloves, any suggestions i want something warm and something that can keep me dry from melting snow or rain.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Cold Hands please help!!

What works best for me is thin fleece gloves, and one of those hand muffs that go aroundmy waist, I put a couple big handwarmer packs inside and keep moving my fingers. Most of the time I'll take my gloves off, put them inside my jacket so the're warm when I put them back on, and have bare hands in the muff.When it gets really cold I'll take a couple adhesive toe warmers and stick them to the ends of my long underwear sleeves under my wrists.

No matter how good the gloves are if I'm not moving my fingers, they'll get cold.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can sympathize with ya floyd. My blood pressure averages around 85/55 at rest..lol. Makes for some cold hands and feet.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: floydfollower

I hunt in usually mid 20 to low 30 degrees weather. I have bad circulation in my hands and when i am sitting in my tree stand after an hr my hands get cold. I wear a pair of wool gloves with the removable top to shoot. I am looking for a new pair of gloves, any suggestions i want something warm and something that can keep me dry from melting snow or rain.
i just bought 4 of those hand muffs at woolrich.

as said, you can drop in those hand warmers in middle of muff.

i use the ones that you light,not those ones in pack.

i dont wear gloves at all in muff but its cold when you grab your gun but usually thats no problem.

i have another for your feet.

i bought those artic things you put over your boots, well, i dont put them over my boots, i take my boots off,throw in a handwarmer and stick my feet into those soft booties.

man, they stay warm in those.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:46 PM

TAKE A LOOK @ THE ARTIC SHIELD SYSTEM GLOVES THEY HAVE A LINER IN THEM, OR YOU COULD JUST BUY A HAND WAMMER FROM BASS PRO & PUT A PACK OF HOT HANDS IN IT...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

A good hand muff that goes around your waist with a warmer in it.
I can sit in10 degree cold with no gloves with m y hands in thereand not get cold. However i do put on a thin pair of gloves so when i grab my gun it's not too cold.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Spike

Check these hand blankets out. I have used the same one for 20 years or more.

http://www.icebreakerinc.com/php/hanBlanket.php

You can get it with or without the compartment for a hand warmer, but I've never needed one. I use that and just have some light gloves to use when stalking or climbing into a ladder stand or climbing stand.

You can find them at a Gander Mountain too.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 AM

I would use some hand warmers they sale them at Gander mountain for .99 and they last for about five hours .
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DannyD

A good hand muff that goes around your waist with a warmer in it.
I can sit in10 degree cold with no gloves with m y hands in thereand not get cold. However i do put on a thin pair of gloves so when i grab my gun it's not too cold.
i just TESTED my hand muff like yours here in pa.

it was cold and i had NO GLOVES on at all.

my hands were warm.

they worked great.

i grabbed my gun without gloves on , my gun is wood and it was no problem to hold in cold.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Spike

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I LIKE THE MUFF WITH HAND WARMERS. WORKS GREAT

Quick Reply: Cold Hands please help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.