Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Cabelas Dry Plus Performance : ( >

Cabelas Dry Plus Performance : (

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabelas Dry Plus Performance : (

Old 11-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas Dry Plus Performance : (

[:@][:@]
Would like to hear from everyone that owns a cabelas garment with their "Cabelas Dry Plus" which cabelas tells me is the same as goretex.

Anyway, I purchased a new parked and bibs this season for cold weather-wet weather hunting. Anyway, their first use was during the NY southern zone gun opener. I was on stand for 5 hours in the rain and I GOT WET. [:@]. So much for the dry plus. I wet through in my butt and my forearms where I was resting them on my summit viper climber. my shoulders and thighs were dry though and that is usually the first place to wet through. It seems anywhere that had pressure would wet thorugh.

What is everyone elses experience using cabelas dry plus in snow and rain while sitting on stand for 3-5 hours?

Should I have just bought goretex???

Old 11-20-2008, 09:47 PM

Default RE: Cabelas Dry Plus Performance : (

Yes you definetly should have went with the Gore-Tex. I have a jacket with it and the water just rolls off of it, and i have a pair of boots with it also and the water doesnt leak in through the boot or anything.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

Kirch,
What a pain in the butt to be dealing with this now during the deer season. The good thing is you bought it from Cabela's and they will stand by their products. It was like a typhoon here in New York opening day. But I will make a suggestion. In rain or snowget yourself a Buckwing Umbrella (magnum) and you won't regret it one bit.
It will keep you dry even in a typhoon. I treatedmine and my two sonsBuckwing umbrella with Silicone Water Guard just to make sure and we were dry opening day with that rain and yes we have Gore-Tex clothing on too.
Check it out for yourself.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

southernsportsman,
I too had boots with goretex in... cabelas brand and they LEAKED! However, now I have Irish Setters w/ goretex and they're the best boot I've ever owned.

As far as the jacket and bids. I don't think it has anything to do with dry plus or goretex as they're both sourced from 3M and cabelas states they're the exact same thing. I think the problem is with "made in china" just seems like poor quality.

would love to hear from people who have dry plus gear and have sat for hours in the rain. I'm hoping I just had a bad jacket and bids. I really like the stuff, but just want it to work.

I will be getting an umbrella. However, I just want my gear to do what I paid for.

come on guys cough up your experience w/ this stuff I'm not the only one with dry plus on here.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:33 PM

The Irish Setter boots are the ones i have now.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

I have both Cabelas Dry Plus and Cabelas Gortex. The Gortex is far better for keeping dry. The dry plus is cheaper and somewhat water resistent and is also quite wind resistent. If I need something to wear in a driving rain I wear the gortex. If all I need is something to keep the wind out and provide a little rain protection I wear the Dry Plus. I feel the gortex lasts a lot longer than the dry plus but both have their place.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Islander,
You're right on the money. I've been bouncing emails with a Technical guy at Cabelas and he states the dry plus and goretex membranes are similar. The difference being the holes in the goretex membrane are MUCH smaller.

I'm sending my dry plus back and getting MT50 Whitetail extreme gore-tex gear.

Just for the hassel cabelas sent me a $35 gift card. As awlays they've made me happy.

case close boys. If you're sitting in rain, spend the $$$ and get Gore-tex
Old 11-24-2008, 05:55 PM

i never had no luck
Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

I use their dry plus waders for flyfishing. I been having my current pair with no problems. I also have some of their leather hunting boots that are goretex lined and they will seep in moisture if you are standing in snow all day. I had to put bees wax on them to waterproof them.