Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

thermacell mosquito repellant

Old 09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thermacell mosquito repellant

They work great. Take it from an old Entomologist.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Spike

bigangrychicken, I actually I live in Hot Springs. But I hunt in Camden, I have hunted there for over 10 years. My brother's inlaws live there. I grew up hunting in Garland county about 10 mins. from lake ouachita lots of fun but lots of hills and mountains. Now that I am older and fatter I prefer to hunt the bottoms. I have never seen as many deer in my life as I have seen in Camden. Where do you live/hunt? Also I appreciate the input on the thermocells, sounds like I need to get one.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Spike

I am pretty sure the mosquitos in SA have crossbred with buzzards!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I couldnt hunt without last at the beginning of the season, the mosiquitos were so bad. Ive had several deer all around me and i havent had it bother them. They have a new Earth scent out if your really concerned.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

bc, I can tell you that they work!!! and on top of that, I have had several deer come within feet of my stand with it on and they have not been spooked, good luck.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up in El Dorado, so I'm use to them. I have a couple of leases with my BIL between El Dorado and Junction City, but it looks like I may spend more time hunting here in Texas this year.

There are a lot more deer in SA than the rest of the state, and a lot more than back in the 60's and 70's when I was growing up. Problem is that they don't get as big as down in the Delta, to the east.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

does it work for the biting flies???
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Spike

Grizzlyman, I have to agree about the size however the first buck I killed in Camden was a seven point with a 22 1/2" inside spread. Not bad for me, biggest buck I ever shot.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Spike

You cant duck hunt here in South Florida without one and they work great in the field as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll throw in my 2 cents. IMO it's complete trash. I had it turned on and warmed itup with it sitting beside me yesterday and the mosquitos were about to pack me back to the truck. I had to leave early because they were so thick. I don't know why i works for everybody except me but thats the way my luck goes.

Quick Reply: thermacell mosquito repellant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.