HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Dream Season Boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/259967-dream-season-boots.html)

JonnyNov 08-27-2008 09:05 AM

Dream Season Boots

Looking for any feedback on the new dream season boots. I was thinking about buying a pair and was wondering if anyone has used them yet? Are they waterproof?

JakeinTX 08-27-2008 05:14 PM

RE: Dream Season Boots

I have last years version and they are a MASSIVE PAIN to get on but once they were on they were really comfy and waterproof. Now with the new ones having zippers down the side for easy on easy off I maybe forced to get a new pair.

Jake

JonnyNov 08-28-2008 05:25 AM

Thanks Jake, i am still up in the air if i am going to switch from my rubber boots or not, but any info helps.

deer_predator 08-29-2008 06:50 AM

I just got mine....The new "Pro's" with the zip up side.......So far they are EXCELLENT! Lightweight and very very comfortable...I will never go back to rubber......

I do have to say that if you are going to purchace these buy them about 1/2 size larger than what you wear; they run a little small...

Ken

JonnyNov 08-29-2008 07:22 AM

Thanks deer predator, how are they compared to rubber boots when it comes to being waterproof. That is one of my concerns of switching over

deer_predator 08-29-2008 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: JonnyNov

Thanks deer predator, how are they compared to rubber boots when it comes to being waterproof. That is one of my concerns of switching over
Well, I know they come up a little taller than my 1000 gram Lacrosses.....they are also about 1 lb lighter! I haven't went creek hoppin with them yet but Robinson Outdoors claims they are 100% waterproof.

The insulation faction (according to Robinson Outdoors) is equivilent to 1000gram thinsulate.....

Plus I look good sporting them in the yard with shorts! lol.....gotta break them in somehow!

jreger_06_13 08-30-2008 12:58 PM

Thanks for the post jonny i've been looking into buying a pair as well i do know however that a lot of research shows that if your getting caught by a deer or any other animal a lot of the reason might be because of your rubber boots, research shows that they act as sort of a scent puffer sending the scent of your feet out through the tops of your boots so i'd consider getting some kind of scent lock boots shoes or socks to wear

firekilla85 09-03-2008 12:22 PM

I purchased a pair last season. After deer seasonI decided to turkey hunt in them due to how light they were. 6 months down the road mine were leaking like whodathunkit. Sent them back to Robinson Outdoors and the customer service hasn't been so well......Very comfortable boot though.

rozman62 09-06-2008 06:54 AM

I like mine. They are the most comfortable boot my feet have lived in for a day. In cold weather I wear thethin ski socks (there expensive at $12-13/ea) and a pair of wool socks with toe warmers and mytoes never got cold.Thereare pricey.

jakelogsdon 09-09-2008 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: deer_predator
Well, I know they come up a little taller than my 1000 gram Lacrosses.....they are also about 1 lb lighter! I haven't went creek hoppin with them yet but Robinson Outdoors claims they are 100% waterproof.
Have you water tested them yet? I am getting ready to buy a pair of the pros, and if they are not absolutely water proof they are worthless to me.