Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Mid-range spotting scopes

Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 AM

Default Mid-range spotting scopes

I'm in the market for a new spotting scope. Currently have a cheap Burris, and my buddies have high-end ones (Swarovski HD and Zeiss), I'm looking in the $500 range, something better than the Burris, while fully realizing it won't be as good as theirs.

I've looked at the Leupold Sequoia and the Cabela's brands, but it's impossible to tell in the store.

I'll be using it primarily for whitetail in North Dakota - wide open terrain, so this is a pretty useful tool out here in the open. Of course, light gathering (as well as clarity and ZOOM)is important as sunset is the best time to catch a big boy coming out. Weight is not a huge issue for me - I would have no problems adding some weight to get an 80mm objective if it was worth it.

Anyone have an opinion?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 AM

Default RE: Mid-range spotting scopes

edit to include email notification of replies