Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

CutCo Knife What a knife

Old 12-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default CutCo Knife What a knife

I had a chance to use CUTCO's hunting knife a few times this year. What a knife! Unlike other knives that require sharpening at least once or twice while skinning and butchering this knife got the job done. If you ever get the chance to get one of the knives get it. Plus they arewarrantiedfor life. At the end of the season just sending it back to the factory for a factory resharpening.I saw this company featured on the history channel, Modern Marvels recently. They claim to make thesharpest knive around. I'm sold. So there you go I found a great productso I thought I would pass it along.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CutCo Knife What a knife

The CutCo on the Left was given to me by my wife in 1970. I have only honed it when needed.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

In 1965 my wife bought me a CUTCO serrated blade knife. That is the best knife ever made for slicing meat. It is dangerous to carry. The sheath looks like the one pictured. One day i fell while hunting: The point of the knife went through the side of the sheath and i got about 1/2 inch of the point in my leg.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Dominant Buck

I got one of these a couple of years ago and it stays sharp. It cost $64.99 and I have used it on 2 elk and 2 bucks in the last 2 years and only touched it up with a couple of swipes with one of those blue hand held sharpeners. This is a fancy buck 110 series knife with a special blade.
Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series 110 Folder Knife

The original lock-back knife, the 110 Folder sports a 3-3/4" clip-point blade of S30V steel with rosewood scales. Developed by Crucible Steel for the cutlery industry and known as the pinnacle of knife-making metals, S30V is comprised of metallic powders fused together under intense pressure and heat. It is then tempered under extremely high temperatures. This process is quickly followed by a cooling cycle in a cryogenic freezer. The resulting metal delivers the absolute finest combination of edge retention (45% greater than 420HC), flexibility and hardness (59-61 Rockwell) while remaining easy to sharpen with conventional stones. This steel also exhibits a high chromium content for oxidation resistance. For even greater corrosion resiliency each knife has been treated with a Titanium Aluminum Nitride coating. Our field testing and independent C.A.T.R.A. (Cutlery Allied Trade Research Association) tests prove these knives will outperform those crafted with other blade metals. These knives also have a leather sheath. Made in USA.
Folded length: 4-7/8".
Weight: 7.2 oz. [/align]

Just sharing because I have a bunch of knives and this is the best one I have ever hunted with.