Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV snow plow suggestions

Old 11-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default ATV snow plow suggestions

Looking to put a snow plow on my Suzuki 500 Vision 4x4
Anyone have any suggestions on brand , price, operation with winch or any other important info

Thanks for the input
Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Default RE: ATV snow plow suggestions

i bought a swisher plow and mount kit for my grizzly,i got this brand because it has a few other implements you can purchase that will hook up to the mounting base.large mistake , the installation isis pretty challenging it has 3 mounting points 2 are out front,thay mount tothe lower a arm , i had to modify it because the mounting part rubbed my front tires, the other anchor mounted tothe trailer hitch.the whole system ,( is as normal under an awful amount of tension ).also it plows terrible unless you add lots of weight to the plow ( on top of it ) i used to have a moose plow , on an other quad it is simple to install plows like a dream i got mine out of a dennis kirk catalog.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 54inch cycle country plow on my vinson and it is operated with my warn winch. It works really well but I would get an estate style plow if i was doing it over again. check out northerntool.com
Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ps after reading mtair...the cycle country hook up is a breeze. just a mount plate and then two pins and a snap of the winch.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

the cycle country is made heavier then most plows ,it gives you a little more down pressure and really helps in heavy snow. the guy next door has a warn plow . we had a half snow ,half ice storm last yr. his plow wouldn't cut it on pavement ,it just rode on top. he had a guy set on the front rack with his feet on the plow . i took my cc and cut it like nothing.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Anothervote for the cycle country.
Easy to mount and dismount when not in use
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

moose plow fan here!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Another vote for Cycle Country plows. They make a quality product. I'm sure Moose would be good too.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Have a Cycle Country for my Honda Rancher. Absolutely the easist thing to attach (2 pins, one strap..I use manual level). Nice and heavy for cutting in when snow and ice are packed in. For the price, hands down favorite.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Bought a Warn ...love it Comes off with 2 pins. Most important is I do not loose ground clearance
Shipped to my door $400 with all the parts I neeeded. I do not have a problem with the blade staying down, I can't figure out why anyone would it weights about 50 lbs.

Quick Reply: ATV snow plow suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.