Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New "Improved" Tree Lounge

Old 01-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default New "Improved" Tree Lounge

Anyone have one and how does it compare with the old one.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New "Improved" Tree Lounge

I have one and its a great stand. It is the most comfortable, safest stand I have ever went up a tree in. You can sit in it all day. I have the bow hunting adapter on mine so its about 24 pounds. Only bad thing about it is its a little noisy getting on the tree and takes a few minutes longer. Also its not real great for bow hunting, standing out there on the end of that stand is a little unsettling to say the least. Gonna have to get me a bow hunting stand this year. For gun hunting ya cant beat it.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Woodrow what kind of trees do you climb with it...and do you use the leveler? I have both and the older model is definitely the better and safer climber...the new one slips on sweet gum and or any hard barked trees and does well on pine.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Treelounge sent me some free Bite'N blade's when they 1st came out because I called and asked if there was a problem with slipping they were trying to fix. They said no were just giving you even more gripping power? I have never had a slipping problem but the blades grip real good. No I haven't got the levelers yet. You bow hunt out of yours?
Old 02-01-2003, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both an old version and new version Treelounge.I hunt in SE Georgia and climb pines. My old version has never slipped in the ten years I own it. My new version has slipped several times, once about 4 feet before it recaught the tree. The stand was damaged and TL replaced it @ n/c.That was the first time that stand had ever been put on a tree.I have Levelers on both mine. Not on the footclimber section but on the stand itself. IMHO the Levelers are a waste of money and I don't trust them.When my stand took that 4' drop I had the Leveler on and I believe it broke causing it to slip.I still have them on both stands but have been debating if I should keep them on or not.The Levelers(the two I have) don't open evenly. One side always hangs up.I have to pull the one side trying to get it to open evenly.I have even removed the powder coat from under the Leveler and it still hangs up.I went as far as putting a 1/4" fender washer between the stand and where the Leveler meets the stand.It still hangs up.I also complained to TL about the new version slipping. I was sent a set of the Bite-n-blades. NOTE ! These blades are not to be used with the Leveler.I have to admit on the footclimber it does hold the tree allot better with the blade installed.I think one of the most useful accessories TL has is the Bow Hunting adapter and the safety belt.The new version is easier to climb with if you can avoid the slippage. I found if you give a bounce on the seat section and climber as setting them back on the tree it helps considerably avoiding these slips.I have a couple ideas why these new versions don't hold as well as the old versions. The weight is one reason and the redesign of the "Vee" section using semi rounded aluminum instead of the flat angle.I personally feel safer on the old version, even though TL claims the new version is lighter and stronger.
Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I definitely feel a whole lot safer in the old version...I think if you make the same mods...the locking pin and the locking knobs and kept everything square that the stand would have been. The leveler was a waste of money. We are going to retrofit the 3 old TL's we own and get rid of the new one.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Woodrow..I don't bow hunt out of mine...I am thinking it would probably be safer with the bowhunting package added to it.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

oldelkhunter, You and I agree allot here about these TreeLounges.I like the old version allot better even though I use the new version more often.The Levelers are a waste of money. After posting my reply on here the other day I decided to email TL about the Levelers.I explained what I had done and that they still won't open evenly.I was asked to send the back to them and they would see where the problem lies.That they would either repair them if possible or replace them.I have one here at home and one at my camp in GA.In my email to them I mentioned I wish it was within the 30 return period, that I would return them for a refund.Another thing I did that might interest you.That sling seat was so low it was hard to get out of .I didn't want to cut the trampolene material.I did one end at a time. I got bigger Sheet metal screws and took the seat loose. I had to drill the holes out a little for the bigger SM Screws.I made one complete wrap of the seat material around the flat bar which holds and reinforces the seat in place.I did both ends the same way. Probably could gotten away with only doing the one end. You'll have to be the judge.I sit higher now. Allot easier to get in and out.Treelounge has good ideas,they just have to fine tune them.The bow hunting adapter is well worth the money. I haven't bow hunted in a long time. I use mine during the entire BP season and modern gun.Once you get use to it you'll be lost without it.One last thing Oldelkhunter.If you are seriously going to sell your new version let me know what you want for them. There are a couple guys at work that would or might be interested in them. Thanks Ruger Redhawk

Old 02-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ruger---I hunt in Cental Alabama and that is where our camp is. My buddy sold the new one to a gunsmith he knows who has a complete machine shop and he is going to make some mods to it or end up selling it himself. The gunsmith is 5'5 and the new stand will suit him better. I was cramped in the new model but not in the old model.y We(hunt club) are probably going to buy a couple of more used ones, they are in the paper all the time. We haven't quite decided yet. Weight is not an issue since we hunt private land and chain the sob's to trees so they don't walk off. If we buy the old stands we will probably get bowhunting adapters for them. All in All it left me with a bad experience ...good thing I used the old ones otherwise I would really have it in for TL.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oldelkhunter, Thanks for the reply. I just thought I would ask about the stands you might sell.I don't know if these guys would have bought them or not but I thought I could help all concerned.I bought my New Version a couple years ago when I received an email offering them in the "Goodwill program" they had.I paid 199.95 NIB.Not a demo they offer from time to time.I have a sneaky feeling with as many complaints TL is receiving ,that the old version might reappear.Once I'm turned around and settled in I'm okay with the new version, it's the ascending and descending where I've had my problems.I was coming down when my stand fell that approx 4' drop.(Yah! I almost had to change my draws.)I make sure now I use that Mickey Mouse Cable setup that comes with the new version.I had just taken it loose when it gave way and slipped.It's a shame the way we have to lock these stands. A few of us lease property in S.E. Ga.Even there I lock my ladders stands which stay out the whole season.My TL's I'll put on tree. I might leave it over night but if I'm not going to use it right away I take it down.To big a gamble to leave it out.We know there are the locals going out there when we are gone back home.That's hard to control,but I sure don't want to supply them with hunting equipment too.I hope you find some old versions.If I find another one locally I have to grab it..
Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: New "Improved" Tree Lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.