Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Invention

Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Invention

I have a couple of ideas that I would like to get out there. Has anyone ever went all the way with an idea and if so how do I get them to market?

Thank you!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Invention

Last time I inquired about getting a patent and all the info needed, they told me it would cost upwards of $7,000.00 for everything. This was several years ago, so it may cost even more now.[:-]
Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Invention

ORIGINAL: maytom

Last time I inquired about getting a patent and all the info needed, they told me it would cost upwards of $7,000.00 for everything. This was several years ago, so it may cost even more now.[:-]
I have1 patent and 1 still pending. I paid over $18k to get one done and have spent $12k so far on the second. The patent lawer is a personal friend as well. Its a long process and is certainly not a guarantee. Its all up to the US patent examiners final decision. I had to make a few small changes in the actual description of the patent and it costs $1200 per change to any text after your final submission.The worst part iseven after you spend all the money in creating and designing your item, paying the lawyer, the required patent search fees, etc you may end up with nothing. PM me if you have any questions. I dont want to scare you away, just making sure you know what you are going to spend.