Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Jacket

Old 06-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting Jacket

I just ordered the Ronyn Silent Fleece insulated hunting jacket. Does anyone know if this jacket is truley soft and quiet? My old jacket was very warm, but when you rub the sleeves together, it was a loud scratching sound. I hope I didn't screw up on this one. Thanks
BBO
Old 07-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Jacket

That's the tuff thing about ordering from Cabela's, Bass-Pro, etc. Unless you live close by those stores to try the jackets on, you don't know how it will fit or how much noise it will make until you finally get your hands on the jacket. Never heard of that brand before, so I can't help you there, good luck.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM

Default RE: Hunting Jacket

Arcteryx Jackets

Arc'teryx is an outdoor clothing and sporting goods company. Arcteryx Jacket gives you warmth similar to a Polar Bear's hug everytime you wear it.

For more info visit us at:

https://www.zbsports.com/Store/Store_Products.aspx?ManufacturerID=11

Spyder Jackets

Spyder collections are divided into different categories, each with its own color palette, fabrics, and unique looks. One of its collection is the spyder jacket that is very comfortable and offers a style that will surely match your fashion and season.

For more info visit us at:

https://www.zbsports.com/Store/Store_Products.aspx?ManufacturerID=57
Old 12-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Spike

I crawled NYC flea markets, vintage shops, and even Cabelas to get my hands on this classic hunting check jacket. None of them fit – ever. They were simply too baggy and non-fitted for my liking but that may have well changed. Based on the photos I’m seeing on Blackbird of the new “Woolrich John Rich & Bros” version, we finally may have a proper modern cut on this giant classic – though it cost double the price of the mainline version. About time.
==============
Indianapolis search engine marketing
seo optimization
Old 12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good thing about Cabela's stuff is that return policy. Dont like it? Send it back..
Old 12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Dominant Buck

That product might do fine , but have not seen it.....The best material for jackets is Wool..........Stay away from Denim and Canvas materials, they are the noises in the woods.....
Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Although I am not familiar with the Ronyn line, I am no stranger to fleece outerwear. This line looks similar to what I have (a Polartec set) and I was going to suggest that you buy fleece with some type of wind stop system in it, but see yours has it. In my case, the wind stop is nothing more than very tight fleece that just helps keep the wind out. I bought mine large enough to layer. So I start wearing it in about 55 degree weather and am still wearing it now when it is 15 degrees out. Under it I will add layers of polyester depending on the temperature. I also add a fleece vest when it gets real cold and windy. The great thing about fleece over wool is its light weight and has a quick drying time. It is also very quiet. Last night while muzzleloading for deer, I lip squeaked a coyote I spotted in to 20 yards....raised on him without any noise whatsoever and then had to drag him out. If the fleece made any noise, he would have booted. I have had mine for about 8 years and still love it.