Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bow hunting jacket

Old 12-20-2003, 12:41 AM

Default Bow hunting jacket

With so many jackets on the market i am extremely confused on which would be the best for me! A little advice would be greatly appreciated.
I hunt in n.idaho and it is usually snowing/raining or just plain cold, where i hunt. I am going tomorrow to look for a new jacket at a local Sportsmans Warehouse. I need something quiet, not bulky, but still warm, and water resistant. (i know.... i am picky ) Any advice on brands would be great!

THANKS!!!!
Idaho hunter
Old 12-20-2003, 12:20 PM

Default RE: Bow hunting jacket

graywolfwoolens.com
Old 12-21-2003, 09:20 AM

I use Day One Camo. I tend to hunt late season so I have lots of practice staying drt and warm. Check them out at www.dayonecamo.com. They have different materials,etc. Good stuff.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:36 PM

I just purchased a Columbia 4 in 1 parka off of ebay and used it for muzzleloading this past week. Kept me warm and dry on the two snowy nights I hunted. I think it will work well for bowhunting, I'm going to try it out in the next week or so. But as with anything that's waterproof they all seem to have a little noise in there fabric.

The best thing to do is check out some different jackets and find something you like then check out ebay for a better price. I got my Columbia for $110 and they are selling for well over $200 at Cabelas in the bargain cave.

Good Luck
Old 12-24-2003, 04:19 AM

Artic shield Bibs and Jacket are excellant. Very warm and light weight.