Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge Experience

Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Lounge Experience

Make sure you try the "manuever" you have to do to switch from climbing to sitting BEFORE you buy. I was considering one then I realized that while I'm not in terribleshape,performing that routine at the heights suggested by the manufacturer would probably scare the **** out of me. Doing some of his other moves like laying across the side to get a "rested" shot would be imposible for me I would simply be too afraid. Maybe afterusing it 20 hours I would be comfortablebut who has that kind of time.After seeing that video I think Iunderstand why treelounge users can sit for ten hours at a time, thats approximatelyhow long it takes for them to develop the courage to perform the "manuever" requiredto get back down. Just kidding guys, but seeing that guy do the manueverat ground level is one thing, but doing it at 20 ft off the ground is another. Its definitely seems like a stand for thesmaller and more agile and limber hunters among uswho have no fear of heights.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

it is ackward at first but after using it a couple times, it becomes second nature.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:31 PM

im just a lasy 330lb shoot house hunter is there any hope in finding a climing stand
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

tree lounge has been tested to hold 1,000 pounds
Old 07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Jlewter

I am 325lbs. and the best most comfortable tree stand for a larger guy I have found. You can find here http://www.supermagstands.com/treestands/extreme.htm
I have been using this stand for three years and it is easy to climb and carry yet comfortable enough to sit in all day.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

I have had nothing but good luck from my tree lounge. Very easy to climb with and very comfortable. I am 6' 4"265lbsand like I said have had no problems. If it doesnt have it get a chill pad for it off tree lounges web site. Makes those chilly days a lot more bearable.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

The tree lounge has its place in our sport but everything has its plus's and minus's.No doubt that the tree lounge is very comfortable but it does notcarry well. If you have a long way to travel to get to your hunting spot/tree it will let you know. I hunt many swampheads and up land pine thickets and the tree lounge works great if the tree is a pine tree thats straight but I can tell you that on a gum or oak that are not straight the stand will fight you as you go up and down. I have many stands for many specific purposes. Clamp ons, climbers, ladders and blinds. Which I use depends on what mother nature gives me. If I am looking for an all day, rut on, hunt in my stand and I am using a climber I will use my Old Buckshot with adjustable backrest or my new Equalizer made by the old buckshot people. These stands are rock solid, carry very well, easy to set up and comfortable. The new Equalizer is adjustable even as you climb with same solid frame as the old Buckshot. I also own Three Summit stands that are climbers, one being the Summit 180. A strong second choice for me. I harvested a nice deer this year when I had to stand and completely turn around and kneel using the back frame as a rest for my rifle making the shot. This stand has plenty of room, is exceptionally comfortable and carries very well. Well I hope that helps some. Good luck and have many great adventures this year.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

you know its a funny thing. i hop around in my tree lounge like its nothing at 20 to 30 feet. i dont advise it but i sometimes get dressed up in my camo while at 30 feet up. i went hunting with my brother and the the first time he used it he was funny to look at. he never used a climber and was like a cat in a tree. i guided him through all the steps and the next day he was a pro. the archery platform is springy but adequate enough to get the job done. with any stand you need to practice and owning several types of stands for all kinds of tree types or terraine conditions is smart.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am 6'5 220 and use a Summit Goliath...that extra room makes for awesome naps
Old 08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

The original Treelounge works just fine for me! Hunters either love 'em or hate 'em! So if you find a hater, you should be able to make a very good deal. It does take a little learning to get used to a Treelounge, but once you've mastered it, they are NOT too heavy, certainly not noisy, and are very safe to use.