HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Lounge Experience
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM
sparky357
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Lounge Experience

The tree lounge has its place in our sport but everything has its plus's and minus's.No doubt that the tree lounge is very comfortable but it does notcarry well. If you have a long way to travel to get to your hunting spot/tree it will let you know. I hunt many swampheads and up land pine thickets and the tree lounge works great if the tree is a pine tree thats straight but I can tell you that on a gum or oak that are not straight the stand will fight you as you go up and down. I have many stands for many specific purposes. Clamp ons, climbers, ladders and blinds. Which I use depends on what mother nature gives me. If I am looking for an all day, rut on, hunt in my stand and I am using a climber I will use my Old Buckshot with adjustable backrest or my new Equalizer made by the old buckshot people. These stands are rock solid, carry very well, easy to set up and comfortable. The new Equalizer is adjustable even as you climb with same solid frame as the old Buckshot. I also own Three Summit stands that are climbers, one being the Summit 180. A strong second choice for me. I harvested a nice deer this year when I had to stand and completely turn around and kneel using the back frame as a rest for my rifle making the shot. This stand has plenty of room, is exceptionally comfortable and carries very well. Well I hope that helps some. Good luck and have many great adventures this year.