Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 should i cover my 4 wheeler... >

should i cover my 4 wheeler...

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

should i cover my 4 wheeler...

Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Default should i cover my 4 wheeler...

should i cover my 4 wheeler when i go to get in my stand, how far away should i park it?
Old 06-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Spike

Default RE: should i cover my 4 wheeler...

I built a garage under the stand to park it in. Keeps it dry and out of the way when hunting.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I park about 40 yards from my ground blind and cover it with camo netting
works for me!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

I park from 100-250 yards from my stand depending on the stand. I do not cover it while hunting.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:21 PM
XTP

I always would park mine a good distance away from my stand and walk in from there. Last year however due to a knee injury, my walking was kept to a minimum. One day in particular I had it parked only a hundred yards away and shortly after sunrise there were three does feeding within maybe 20-30 yards of the quad. Only one of them even seemed to notice it was there but none were concerned about it.
Not covered up either and it's even red !
If there's snow on the ground a simple old white bedsheet works well to camoflage a bike, just beware of hot exhaust when putting it over. (I do this more to keep it away from human eyes!)
Old 07-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: XTP

(I do this more to keep it away from human eyes!)
Unfortunately, I think thiswould be more of a concern than keeping it away from deer eyes.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 AM

Personally I think it is better to part close and walk little verses walking a long distace and spreading more stink around. They do not seem to be too turned off by the wheelers.
Although I do seem to have the best luck when someone drops me off right at the base of my stand and drives off.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally don't think 4 wheelers should be parked very close unless you are phyically impaired or may have a thief problem.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

the way people rant an rave about scent control now a day's hows does a quad not put off fumes, or the smell of gas.yeah u might see does or young bucks but dont ya think it would keep the big boy away?? now if you cant walk due to an injury or illness i COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND as this is the case with my father....but for me i think some rubber boots an walkin as far as possiable is alot quiter an less scent?

Old 07-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Spike

I've parked 75 yards away and 25 yards away. Almost every year someone in our camp has a deer walk right by or within 5 -30 yards from the 4wheeler. I had big 8 point walk right next to my 4wheeler last year. He didn't have a care in the world. Too bad I missed him. Luckily he walked on down to where my Dad was and he popped him. I think alot of it has to do with the amount of traffic in your hunting area. We hunt leased land so there is not alot of 4wheelers around. But I've also heard guys say the more 4wheelers the better because the deer get used to it.

Quick Reply: should i cover my 4 wheeler...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.