Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 should i cover my 4 wheeler... >

should i cover my 4 wheeler...

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

should i cover my 4 wheeler...

Old 07-30-2007, 09:48 PM

Default RE: should i cover my 4 wheeler...

Generally about 100 yards or so and out of sight. Just my preference. I think it helps. when I'm hunting Turkey, same thing. If you are hunting turkey and your 4-wheeler is red like mine, you better park it far away or cover it up. turkeys don't smell but they can see you blink at 50 yards and that includes color! You'll get busted in a hurry.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: should i cover my 4 wheeler...

I don't think the smell of a gas operated 4 wheeler represents danger. They've never attack a deer. The smell of a human is the danger they're looking for. I hunt with my Service Dog at my side. Once I was sitting in a chair overlooking a valley. At some point I realized my dog wasn't looking at me, she was looking over my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to find a doe was there eating away. It saw my Dog and didn't care. When it realized I was there it left. Now I hope I've taught her to let me know when she sees one. [&:]