Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 what kind of 4 wheeler do you use? >

what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Old 06-14-2007, 04:10 PM

Default RE: what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Good point wyotimberghost, however I am 6'4" and weigh 255lbs so my center of gravity is allways going to be high The local arctic cat dealer also delivered it to my house at 5:30 in the morning driving his own vehicle on a sunday; so my wife could surprise me on my B-Day. It is the best service hands down of any dealer around, regardless of brand. You can have your 100lbs. Ill take a machine that never breaks down, drives through anything, has the best warranty,and is sold by someone who you can call a friend.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

500 Suzuki Vinson 4X4...Artic Cats are nice rides tempe. Dad has a 400. They are not that heavy I can usually pull him out of the mud with ease !
Old 06-27-2007, 04:41 PM

2006 RANGER XP 700 CAMO can't believe all the rice burnner owners (do it right the first time buy a polaris)
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM

Oh you mean buy a reparis so we will never be able to use it because it will stay in the shop all the time and want be able to put in water because the belts always slip. Honda the best on earth
Old 06-27-2007, 07:10 PM

i have heard that when you buy a honda it comes with a big magnet on each side so when it starts to fall a part the magnets suck it back together.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 PM

MAybe so but at least it keeps runnin and you don't have to send it to the shop. A reparis just falls apart and dies
Old 06-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I can't do it with my rhino,I go get my ol dodge with all 1 ton running gear/4.56 gears and built 440 running on 44" boggers. A act of congress can't hold back my ol dodge! I've done things with it that god and dodge never meant.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

He wishes he had one,Honda:always in the woods never in the shop!
Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: boss400
(do it right the first time buy a polaris)
I love arguing about this stuff.[8D] I got more reasons to gripe about Polaris this weekend, and I'm bored, so here it goes............

I rode my Honda all week at work with no problems other than breaking my back rack again (the only part that Honda needs to re-engineer). Probably approaching the 1000 mile mark for the year if I haven't already passed it. That means it's gotten over 3000 miles on it in two years. 3000 miles of hard riding- much harder than your average weekend warrior (most riders don't climb hills and plow through the brush with 250 pounds on the back rack 4 days a week). It may look like crap because it has been abused. But it starts up and runs again every day.

After a hard week of work I decided to go camping with some family members. One of them has a 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 with only 1500 miles on it. About 2 miles away from camp it ran out of gas- woops. Now for the good part. The reserve tank didn't work, so we needed to tow it back to camp. The dang thing was so heavy that getting it turned around on the trail was a pain in the butt. We broke 2 straps trying to get it back. The machine was up and running again once we put a full tank of gas in. Then this morning we fired it up to find that it was idiling way to fast. Had to have been running at at least half throttle unless you choked it to flood it a little bit. All of these problems, and it had just recently been in the shop getting repaired (ended up needing a new spark plug wire- no biggie, but still enough to keep you out of the woods).

Oh ya, and I nearly forgot. Back home, my dad's '96 Polaris Sportsman 400 with only 1000 miles on it won't run for more than about 30 seconds at a time. We're thinking the carburator needs repaired. Our '03 Prairie 650 and '04 Grizzly 660 both run like raped apes.

You all can form your own opinions about Polaris. But based upon my own experiences with them, I'll never own one. The cushy ride is not worth the headache.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Typical Buck

Always been a Honda man, but I want to try an Arctic Cat. It seems that the AC owners now, are like the old Honda owners USED to be. They won't ride anything else.

I think my next one will be an AC.

Quick Reply: what kind of 4 wheeler do you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.