Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

good tripod prices

Old 02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default good tripod prices

Where can I find the best prices on a tripod stand???? A 10' model will pretty well fit my need. BPS has a 10'er made by Strong Built for $129.99 Academy has this one too for just over $118. But academy doesn't have on-line ordering. I really don't want to order on-line, would rather mail in a money order but do any of you know of a place with better pricesor is this about as good a deal as I can expect???? Thanks, Scott Woody
Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 AM

Default RE: good tripod prices

The prices you qoute are cheap for a tripod. For cheaper tripods, I would make sure to look them over in person, or at least get feedback from those that have actually used them before buying, as you get what you pay for. Personally, I would not want to sit in a flimsey tripod or any other flimsey stand for that matter. I like the Apex tripods. Cabelas sells them, but they are about $300, but look very well built.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Red Lion!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:56 PM

Definetly check tripod stands out in person and climb in and out of one if possible as a few I have seen are a bit scary going from ladder to your seat. I purchased one of the 17' from Cabellas. It is very sturdy but almost impossible to move once set up due to the size. Take a look at bossbuck.com. They have one that looks pretty nice but again it is about 300 for the entire setup with rail. I have the woodsey two lock on stand and it is awesome and very comfortable.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Dominant Buck

All tripod stands are manufactured to the same minimum standards established by the manufacturers, they don't like lawsuits any more than we like falling. Sportsman's Guide had some for $100 for awhile, but the shipping would make them equal the ones you saw. The diff would be home delivery instead of packing them home yourself. They also had 4' leg extentions available too.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

All tripod stands are manufactured to the same minimum standards established by the manufacturers, they don't like lawsuits any more than we like falling.
Maybe so, but a Wolf hang-on stand is of better quality than say a Rivers Edge, and better quality many times translates into improved feelings of safety and actual safety. Pluswe humans come in different sizes, so weight is relative to establizhes minimum standards as well.
I mean for all we know Iswoody may go about 4 bills.