Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Headlamps?

Old 03-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Headlamps?

If your looking for a good light, I use the Cat Eyes clip on. It clips on to the brim of your hat. The 3 LEDs are bright and the thing is so light weight you won't even know you have it on your hat! I then take along a Streamlight for tracking at night! The cat Eyes are like $12.00!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:09 PM

I bought Cabela's Alaskan guide headlamp w/ the green LED's & xenon, I highly recommend it. It's comfortable, bright & rugged, one of my better buys.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use theL.E.D. onethat straps to your head from Brinkman. bought it at Wal-Mart a couple years ago and still works great. it was like $15 and has proved better than the expensive ones bought at bass pro and cabelas
Old 03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

i use theL.E.D. onethat straps to your head from Brinkman. bought it at Wal-Mart a couple years ago and still works great. it was like $15 and has proved better than the expensive ones bought at bass pro and cabelas
Chris, you need a permit from the FWC to hunt with Lights in FL!

Hunting wildlife at night with a light.

Question
Do I need a permit to hunt coyotes or other nuisance wildlife on my farm at night with a light? If so, what permit is needed and where do I get one?

Answer
The display or use of a light at night while in possession of a gun, bow or crossbow in areas where wildlife may be found is prohibited, except as authorized by a permit issued by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. A Gun and Light at Night Permit is required to use a firearm and a light at night to remove nuisance armadillo, beaver, bobcat, coyote, fox, possum, rabbit, raccoon, skunk, or hog causing destruction of crops and/or livestock .

The Gun and Light at Night Permit does NOT authorize removal of any species other than those listed above. To learn more about the permit or to apply go to: http://myfwc.com/permits/glnpermit.htm. Click Here for information about the controlling deer that are causing damage to agricultural crops.

For more information about other laws relating to destructive wildlife go to: http://myfwc.com/critters/policy.htm. For other methods of removing nuisance wildlife, including coyotes, go to http://myfwc.com/critters/default.asp.

We use Lights and Dogs, but use Knives, No Firearms!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Chris, you need a permit from the FWC to hunt with Lights in FL!

Hunting wildlife at night with a light.

Question
Do I need a permit to hunt coyotes or other nuisance wildlife on my farm at night with a light? If so, what permit is needed and where do I get one?

Answer
The display or use of a light at night while in possession of a gun, bow or crossbow in areas where wildlife may be found is prohibited, except as authorized by a permit issued by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. A Gun and Light at Night Permit is required to use a firearm and a light at night to remove nuisance armadillo, beaver, bobcat, coyote, fox, possum, rabbit, raccoon, skunk, or hog causing destruction of crops and/or livestock .

The Gun and Light at Night Permit does NOT authorize removal of any species other than those listed above. To learn more about the permit or to apply go to: http://myfwc.com/permits/glnpermit.htm. Click Here for information about the controlling deer that are causing damage to agricultural crops.

For more information about other laws relating to destructive wildlife go to: http://myfwc.com/critters/policy.htm. For other methods of removing nuisance wildlife, including coyotes, go to http://myfwc.com/critters/default.asp.

We use Lights and Dogs, but use Knives, No Firearms!
the light is to get back and forth from my stand in the dark! lol
although it is plenty bright enough to hunt with. i'm usually in my stand atleast 1 hour before daybreak and i don't get down until i can't see out of my scope.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

the light is to get back and forth from my stand in the dark! lol
although it is plenty bright enough to hunt with. I'm usually in my stand at least 1 hour before daybreak and i don't get down until i can't see out of my scope.
I too use the light to get to and from my stand and also go in the dark., butI unscrew the Lens cap and install a Red Cellophanepaperinsidethe Lens.

I thought I would mention the Hunting &Lights to you, because I know many FL hunters who hunt hogs with Head Lamps!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i use to hunt hawgs at night, we used Q-Beams
Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

when i use to hunt hawgs at night, we used Q-Beams
Done it afew times myself!