Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Black powder

Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Spike

Default Black powder

I'm considering buying ainline blk powder riflefor deer hunting.With so many on todays market it's confusing.TC & Knight seem to be the majoritys choice. (50 or 52 cal ?) I would appreciateany input from those who shoot blk power. Happy Holidays Y'all
Old 12-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Black powder

I have a .45 CVA MagBolt that was one of the cheaper models out a year or two ago. The main PITA is that its hard to find .45 bullets around here, so I stock up when I can. I was out today and got a nice 10 pointer with my CVA at 50-60 yards. He ran 25 yards and dropped in his tracks. So personally, I love my CVA and don't see a need in spending a super amount on a T/C. You'll get tons of responses though. The one thing I can say is, get a .50 so its easier to find supplies.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:36 PM

TC and Knight are top of the line but NEF and CVA are great for the money and good guns as well. Try coming to the black powder forums. It will help you a lot. Any questions will be answered there.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:43 PM

If your not taking super long shots I would go for a 50cal. It's the most common and big enough for most big game.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

CVA Optima......All the ML you'll ever need.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:06 AM

You definitely want to go with a .50 cal ML of whatever brand you choose, due to the larger availability of components. You can buy an ML "on the cheaps" such as a Traditions or a more expensive one like a TC. You could also take a look at the Savage 10ML-II, as it will also shoot smokeless in addition to BP substitutes. Check out http://dougva.proboards34.com/index.cgi?for info pertaining to the savage on the savage thread. Awesome ML!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Beretta686

I'm considering buying ainline blk powder riflefor deer hunting.With so many on todays market it's confusing.TC & Knight seem to be the majoritys choice. (50 or 52 cal ?) I would appreciateany input from those who shoot blk power. Happy Holidays Y'all
Best bang for the buck is undoubtably the T/C Omega & Encore. All the other brands of these styles are copy-cats.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

If I were going to buy a new ML tomorrow it would be a TC due to their rep for quality and service, and it would be a .50 caliber since that's the caliber with the widest array of choices and availability. I wouldn't even consider the .52 caliber, not enough advantage to justify the scarcity of ammo choices, or to offset the more readily available .54 ammo which I prefer anyway.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Knight is my choice. Great service! Had a problem and they sent someone to my house to pick it up. Repalced more than they needed to and sent it back. Worked flawlessly this year. TC advertises more than I care to pay for.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

TC Omega, it's a tack driver once you get the load dialed in.

Quick Reply: Black powder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.