Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Under armor-is it worth the money >

Under armor-is it worth the money

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under armor-is it worth the money

Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Under armor-is it worth the money

Just wondering if anyone out there has used any cold weather under armor. That stuff is extremely expensive and Im not sure if its worth giving a try. Im also an aircraft mechanic and there can be some cold nights at work and I would like to get a pair for work also. If not under armor what else is there that works well and dosent cost as much. any info would be appreciated
Old 12-06-2006, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Under armor-is it worth the money

I love the cold gear it really does keep moisture away. the heatgear burns me up though and dont let my skin breath. if you are worried some on price check out bass pro shops redhead line called enduraskin. its cheaper and works great, all i use now after trying it. both work but the price sold me on the enduraskin.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 2006HighSierra

I love the cold gear it really does keep moisture away. the heatgear burns me up though and dont let my skin breath. if you are worried some on price check out bass pro shops redhead line called enduraskin. its cheaper and works great, all i use now after trying it. both work but the price sold me on the enduraskin.
Like HighSierra stated, check out Enduraskin, I looked at them both and they seemed the same and so I bought Enduraskin and it works just as good I would think and for the price it is worth every penny.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

After sitting in a cold climbing stand with thick, older clothes, that won't allow me to turn to make harder angled shots, I am going to look at some of the newer stuff! Right now I'd have to say for easier movement and more comfort, it will be worth the money! If you get too cold OR wet, you're not going to stay on the stand very long! If you get cold AND wet, the deer are not going to have to worry about being shot at all!
Old 12-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info, ill have to run to bass pro in the morning and check it out. Im looking atgoing out friday morning and its suppose to be around 19 degrees with a stiff wind. I can handle the cold when im at work moving around but sitting in a stand all day is really a chore when your cold and damp
Old 12-07-2006, 02:10 AM

i used cold gear here in mn this yr and it saved my hide, the stuff works great
Old 12-07-2006, 11:02 AM

No its not worth the high price.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:37 PM

well thats your opinion, but if i have a choice between freezing and being comfortable, ill pay the high price. there are cheaper alternatives out there if u do your homework. and under armor doesnt have too be expensive. there are deals too be had on ebay.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:50 AM

I am not sure I understand about Under Armour. It is so thin, it doesn't seem it would keep you warm.
Does it wick the moisture away from your skin?

If this is so, then you also have to wear other insulated underwear, right?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TKHUNTER

I am not sure I understand about Under Armour. It is so thin, it doesn't seem it would keep you warm.
Does it wick the moisture away from your skin?

If this is so, then you also have to wear other insulated underwear, right?
That's what works for me. I have the Cold Gear then I start layering up. Not sure if it's what everyone else does but I didn't get cold when starting with Under Armour.

Quick Reply: Under armor-is it worth the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.