Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Under armor-is it worth the money >

Under armor-is it worth the money

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under armor-is it worth the money

Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Under armor-is it worth the money

I have the regular thin long sleeve shirt. I bought it cheaper than now. I believe it depends on a person. Not all are the same. So here's my feedback.

This is good when hunting in warm weather. It will keep you dry (from sweating). But when in the cold, it will have a breezy feel. So I'm more colder than not wearing the armour. I usually layer with fleeces on top of the armour then the jacket because I get cold easily and don't really sweat. So in cold weather, I toss the armour.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

I ended up buying some stuff made by readhead. Its a light weight moisture wicking fabric, I tried it out at work last night. It was about20 degrees with a harsh wind and it seemed to help. But I agree that it keeps you dry, but it does have a wierd breezy feeling when it touches your skin. It cost 25 bucks for the top and another 25 for the bottoms. at that price i was willing to give them a try.

I was going to try them out in the field this morning, but my heater went out so I slept in 50 degree temps last night so I was not looking forward to going out this morning. Im still trying to get rid of the chill.

I actually think that no matter how much stuff I out on I will always be cold and I just need to man up and quite being such a wuss
Old 12-08-2006, 04:39 PM

I got some for this season as a gift. I dont know that I would have bought it myself, due to the price. However,the last few days that I have gone out, I have been very happy wearing it. 20 degrees, snow flurries, I was glad to have it on. I havent tried the Bass Pro shops stuff, so I cant comment on that.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I believe Under Armor is worth it. I used it hunting this year as well as anytime I was outside and it was colder out and I did stay warmer. I think it's a great product.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: goyard74

well thats your opinion, but if i have a choice between freezing and being comfortable, ill pay the high price. there are cheaper alternatives out there if u do your homework. and under armor doesnt have too be expensive. there are deals too be had on ebay.
Thanks, your right it is my opinion. To each their own and the thread was asking for opinions regarding if it was worth it.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

As I said before, if you are cold you are not going to last long on the stand. If you are wet you are not going to last long! If you are wet AND cold, the deer have nothing to worry about! You are NOT going to be out there!
I don't know if it will be Under-Armor or another brand, but I am going to invest in new clothes for next season!
Look at it this way:
Hunting land/lease---------------------------------------XXXX dollars,
Hunting Licence-----------------------------------------XX dollars,
Time, effort, money invested in hunting------------------ XXXXX dollars,
Staying on stand when the deer are liking the weather,
and other hunters are back in camp----------------------PRICELESS!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 PM

Please don't buy Under Armor, all you're paying for with all the money is the name! Check out these baselayers from Cabelas:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0039307932679a

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0039307932680a

Even has Scent-Lok!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:05 AM
Spike

I personally love the Under Armor Cold Gear. You can save a few dollars by buying the Black or colored pieces that you find in the skiing and snowboarding section of the store. At least by me, the camo and olive drab colors are ten to twenty dollars more per piece. It also seems to last pretty long. Ive had the same set for five or six years and it is still like new.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Just wondering if anyone out there has used any cold weather under armor. That stuff is extremely expensive and Im not sure if its worth giving a try. Im also an aircraft mechanic and there can be some cold nights at work and I would like to get a pair for work also. If not under armor what else is there that works well and dosent cost as much. any info would be appreciated
I have used quite a few items over the years to try and keep you warmer, including the Under Armor tops and bottoms. Cabela's puts out some great stuff, and in my opinion, it's just as good if not better than Under Armor, besides being much cheaper as well.Be sure to check on the Thermastat, MTP, and Morgan Mills Polypro clothing line on the cabela's website.
The main thing to consider in cold conditions is some sort of a "Gortex/thinsulate" outer coat or jacket to wearto block the wind.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the input guys. Maybe for christmas I will get some gift cards and I may invest in some of the scent loc base layers or the underarmor

Quick Reply: Under armor-is it worth the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.