Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New ATV

Old 01-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New ATV

ORIGINAL: bagem

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

ORIGINAL: pirogue

I have never had a problem with my 2003 Polaris Sportsman 400 and it was actually broke in on a construction site. I like their ground clearance.
Wait until you do. Parts are very exspensive and if you have to deal the Polaris Customer Service,''GOOD LUCK".They by far are the worst I've ever dealt with.

IMHO Polaris isn't what they are cracked up to be.Way over rated.
Here we go again.
For some reason this forum attracts those with overexagerated claims against Polaris. This has been going on for years and I just don't hear this on other sites like I do here. I've had a Sportsman 500 for about 4 years now and it has been a real workhorse for me. I pull heavy foodplot implements around all the time. The only problem I ever had was when I had just bought it and made the mistake of trying to pull someone's truck and boat out of a mud hole in high gear. I burnt the trans belt and took it to the Polaris dealer. All was repaired the same day for $100. I though that was very reasonable. I'm now looking at the new 800 for a spring upgrade this year.
Bagem.I had my Polaris for 9 years.Like I said it was alright with some problems.I don't know if you've ever dealt with their customer service. I have a couple of times. They by far are the worst I ever dealt with. Try calling them and ask a simple question. I wanted to get a part number for the revised more heat resistant belt cover. That was like pulling teeth.All I got was take it to your dealer.That's all the woman knew how to say.After asking to speak to someone else and she refused I knew I was beating my head against the wall.In today's 4 wheeler market all of them have to be good or they won't be around for long.I was telling my experience with Polaris's C.S.For all I know Honda's, Yamaha's and the rest of them might be the same when it comes to customer service.I have experienced Polaris's first hand.If I can't get decent service once I buy a product then they don't need my business

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM

Customer service can greatly very from one dealer to the next. Just depends on who your talking to. I've talked to the customer service, and even the mechanics at my honda dealer and they have always been very helpful. I have a friend who has a ploaris, and there's one dealership that he refuses to go do business with. Every time he's gone there he's had bad experiences. So he takes a longer drive to go else where. Just depends on who your dealing with.

Chief
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I just saw an electric ATV...we might start carrying them. VERY cool, no noise, gas.