Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Looking for some tires for the ATV...... >

Looking for some tires for the ATV......

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Looking for some tires for the ATV......

Old 09-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Looking for some tires for the ATV......

......... really thinking Interco SwampLites for the Bruin. Do not want any sort of traditional "V" designs or similar.Has anyone put some SwampLites on their quad?

Use isroughly 70% trail riding/deer hunting & screwing around, 5% mud &
25% snow plowing/riding.

Really want a review (opinion) of the SwampLites. They look knarly too.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:07 AM

Default RE: Looking for some tires for the ATV......

In the last issue of all terrain mag they had a mud tire column and i do not see these swampers anyplace. I have not heard of em here but if you wouldn't mind to post a pic of them up matt i would like to have a boo. The majority of guys in my area are running ITP mudlites and mudbugs. I prefer the mud lites the seem to be more aggressiveand put on 26's 10's on the front 12's on the back of my kodiak. You hammer on it and look back to see ground flying, pretty addicting.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

uncle matt-

I can't comment on the Interco Swamplites but I can back up Hiawatha's statements regarding the ITP Mudlites.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:59 PM

ITP Mudlights are good-lookin tires, and their popularity has got to be a testiment to their performance. I saw some Pirelli Mudweiser's at the ATV store about a month back that looked really good too. The only muddin' tires I personally have experience with, though, are the Bridgestone Mud Hooks. They work pretty doggone good.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

The last atv show on television had a tire test and recommended the mudbug very highly.I have the gators which are copies of the mud bug and they work very well in all terrain.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM

Maxxis mudbugs are a good tire however i do not think they are as light as the ITP mud lights. The mudlights also come in a XTR, and XXL which are rude lookin skins. But for mud and mud alone the Maxxis make the M966 Mudzilla's which are specifically built for mud, they have a unique tread on them that looks like it just rips and chews rude. What lots of guys at home are doing is putting on ovrsize a bit as long as your bike will turn them. Like i said i have 10's up front and 12's on the back instead of your typical 8 and 10. My bike is a 450 and turns them well. I know of fellos changing there rims to fit 27's to give them that much more clearance also. That is the best bet if you have the coin and power.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:39 PM
XTP

The Mud Bugs are a far more aggressive tire than the Mudlites, so it all depends on your riding style. Ifyou only want to go a step up from stockers, then Mudlites are a good choice. If you are looking for something that can handle the swamps and bogs, the Bugs, Gators, Zillas, Bi/Tri claws etc are the way to go. The XTR's are a far choice than regular Lite's since they combine trailability with decent mud performance. I have the Bugs on my bike and find them to be one of the best trail/mud/snow tires I have ever rode on. Check out our site.. this question has been asked a hundred times ( and there is never a true right or wrong answer.. just good opinions ! )
Old 10-18-2006, 09:25 AM

I'm not familiar with the tires your interested in but I will say this:

If you ever plan on riding on any packed trails/etc you can forget about the Mud bugs they will kill your back!

The mudlites are an awesome tire, not rough and wear rather well. I've had them on my bike for2 years now,and have put about 1500km, lots of highway use (yes, highway) and I've done some brake burns and donuts on pave and they barely look used.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 AM

The best all around tire on the market today is made by Highlifter. Have a look at the Outlaw MST. This tire is specifically designed for exactly what you are talking about doing. They also designed the Swamp Witch and after which made some better adjustments and came out with their MST. I personally run ITP 589's which is more of a Mud tire due to hunting and playing in the bottomland of Louisiana. (plus they don't make the MST to fit an 11" rim for my Rancher) I was going to buy the MST with new wheels but, the week before heading to Shreveport to get them, a friend called and made me a great deal on the 589's that I couldn't pass up. I will definatly have the MST's on my next bike, no doubt.

Try this link and select Tire/Wheels at the top and you will see the types on the lower left side.

http://shop.highlifter.com/iwwida.pvx?;products_no_tree?comp=254

From their site:

HIGH LIFTER OUTLAW MST

The LATEST in ATV TIRE INNOVATION for all types of ATV RIDERS is here! Introducing the ALL-AROUND ATV TIRE you’ve been waiting for!

Ever Hear This? "I don’t ride in the mud all the time…I really need a tire that does it all. Hard-pack, mud, snow, ice, rocks, and trails!"

Now, there is an answer!

M = MUD : The Outlaw MST is fully capable of handling the mud holes. With one-inch tread depth across the face and shoulder, the MST is an excellent mud tire for moderate mud riders.

S = SNOW : The Outlaw MST is designed for traction in the snow. With significant sidewall wrap, the MST is excellent for grabbing snow and ice and plowing through even the most difficult snow covered terrain.

T = TRAIL : The Outlaw MST is designed for a smooth ride on the trails. With a flattened tread profile with multiple sipes that create traction on both hard-pack, rocks, and slick surfaces, the MST delivers a smoother, easier handling ride than most tires on the market.

The newest addition to the High Lifter family, the Outlaw MST is specially designed for riders who don’t necessarily spend all of their time in the mud. The Outlaw MST was designed with each of those objectives in mind and offers the ultimate in all around performance at a reasonable price.

With deep lugs, wraparound tread bars, and sipes as seen in tires designed for snow and ice or rock climbing, they offer the maximum in all around traction while still delivering a smooth ride. Also don't be surprised if they beat your buddies in the mud.

The Outlaw MST is the perfect tire for Mud, Snow, AND Trails! The best all around tire on the market! Don't forget , HIGH LIFTER designed them.

Also sold by High Lifter

Swamplite

Old 10-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

I ride with a guy who has a set on his honda forman 500. The work very good in all situations much like the mud lites and mud bugs. I have a set of 27" ITP mudlites on my kawasaki brute force 750 and they work great. But, I actually like the ITP 589's that I have on my kawasaki 700 prairie a little better for mud. The nice thing about the ITP mudlites is that they are lighter in weight than most other mud tires. I also ride with a friend who has the ITP mudlite XTR's and they are better than the mudlites in the mud and ride better on hard pack because of they are raidal tires vs. the 6 ply tires that most other mud tires are.

Quick Reply: Looking for some tires for the ATV......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.