Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Columbia Gallatin Wool Washing Question >

Columbia Gallatin Wool Washing Question

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Columbia Gallatin Wool Washing Question

Old 09-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Columbia Gallatin Wool Washing Question

I recently bought the Columbia gallatin bibs and coar and have a question regarding the care of the product. After I got it home I was planning on washing in no scent wash, pack it away in my clothing container, and get it ready for the colder weather later in the season.

After I got home I read the care tag and it indicated that it needed to be dry cleaned. I know I should have researched this prior to buying but I got caught up in the moment of buying something new for the season and it slipped my mind. I also knew that you need to care for wool products differently. My only fear is the smell of the dry cleaning solution if I were to wear this bow hunting. What is the best way to get the scent out of this clothing? I have attached a link from Columbia's website as well of the product.

http://www.columbia.com/product.aspx...23&cat=1&top=1
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 PM

Default RE: Columbia Gallatin Wool Washing Question

Personally, I've never had a problem with shrinkage while hand washing wool sweaters, etc. with Dawn dish soap in luke warm water. Lay flat and let it air dry. This may take awhile.
The reason for the Dawn soap is that it is ph neutral and won't strip the wool. You can google "Dawn" and "Wool" and you can see what I mean. I've never had a problem, and once dry, there is no scent.