Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Columbia Gallatin Wool Camo Feedback >

Columbia Gallatin Wool Camo Feedback

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Columbia Gallatin Wool Camo Feedback

Old 01-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Columbia Gallatin Wool Camo Feedback

I was at Bass Pro and was looking at some camo for cold weather. I came across the Columbia Wool Bibs and Jacket. They are on sale for about 30-40% off. I wanted to get some feedback on this camo. Is this stuff really warm, comfortable, etc...

[align=center]Columbia Sportswear Company® Monarch Pass Jacket™ for Men[/align]

Premium wool-sturdy and warm. The fabric of choice for the experienced big game hunter!
In the high country, where the wind never ceases to lash the ridges and tear its way through the draws, a hunter needs protection he can count on. When the chinook blows in a sudden squall, and the temperature drops 30° in an hour, he needs a jacket that will hold its natural insulating power even when wet. The Monarch Pass is such a jacket. Tightly woven from premium 100% recycled Gallatin Range Wool™, it is designed to block out the wind and help keep you warm through a wide range of conditions. Built for the mobile hunter, with a full-zip front and action back for maximum freedom of movement at all times. Attached hood with twill lining, adjustable drawcord waist, reinforced quilted elbow patches, 2 handwarmer pockets plus 2 large-capacity cargo pockets. Hand wash. Imported.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:26 AM

Default RE: Columbia Gallatin Wool Camo Feedback

I don't have the bibs, but I do have the pants and jacket and they are very warm and quiet. I had to have my wife hem (sp) up the pants but that was it. I've used these the last 2 elk seasons in Colorado without getting cold.

For the price they can't be beat. IMO
Old 01-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Spike

I also have the pants and jacket and like them very much, very quiet and only about 1/4 the cost of the high dollar wool.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:10 PM
RPL

I've useda pair of their pants for the last two hunting seasons. I would have to say they are very good dealfor the price.
I also own a pair of Weatherby wool pants. In a side by side comparison, the Weatherby's are superior but they are also a lot more money.The Columbia Gallatins are not as wind resistantbut still pretty warm.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

I've used the jacket and pants since they first came out 3 or 4 years ago. For the money they're great. Mine are starting to show some wear in the elbows and knees, but overall they're still good. You can definitely find better quality, but you'll pay a premium for it.

AK Jeff