Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

gerber carnivore blood light

Old 07-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default gerber carnivore blood light

Has anyone used this yet. Wanted to know if it is worth $50. Looks cool if you haven't seen it check it out. Does it really brighten up the blood?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: gerber carnivore blood light

I just got one in the mail yesterday.I haven'tused it on blood yet but I'm curious.If I get a chance this weekend I may try and kill a woodchuck to see how the blood shows up at night.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was a little disapointed at first when Itried it on the dark muscle blood from a defrosted pack of back straps.It didn't seem to make a difference.Then,over this past weekend,I came accross an arrowin my garage that went through a deer and still had dried blood all over the nock.I turned the lights outand the blood glowed when I hit it with the light.I don'tknow if it had anything to do with the fact that the nock was FL green but it wasn't nearly as noticeable with the white light.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doug IYO how bright is the Gerber? Both Xenon bulb in terms of a field flashlight and the specialized LED's for tracking.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The white Xenonbulb is extremely bright.The Led'sare pretty bright as well.The mixture of blue and red light makes it look kind of gray,so it isn't a blinding type of light.The flashight itself is light and compact.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:04 AM

I recently picked up one of the Browning 'Black Ice' lights. It has 2 each, red, blue and white LED's as well as a 90 lumens xenon lamp. Very impressive light. Hoping the blue lamp will help the blood show up. The LED lamps are also very bright and useable.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like it works alright.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a site??

ORIGINAL: Brent B

Has anyone used this yet. Wanted to know if it is worth $50. Looks cool if you haven't seen it check it out. Does it really brighten up the blood?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the carnivore recently. I gave it a test in the yard with blood after dark. Being color blind I am always interested in a product that will help with tracking. When the blood was fresh and wet it did stand out better with the special light. The next night however was not very good. The old blood actually stood out better to me with a regular light. Fresh blood is not a problem for me, in fact I find that a good old coleman lantern works perhaps even better than the carnivore. the coleman makes the blood seem to glow or shine. I will do some more testing with the carnivore before I dismiss it completly.........dabow

Quick Reply: gerber carnivore blood light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.