Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Garmin gps

Old 08-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default RE: Garmin gps

ORIGINAL: ButchA

I too have the Garmin eTrex Legend (the blue one). It's a great GPS and is packed with so many features that it could be a little overwhelming to a "newbie". But once you read the manual or have prior experience with GPS's, you will LOVE the Garmin GPS's. [8D]

The only problem I've had with my Legend is when I got into real thick, heavy and dense, woods - I lost the signal... But once I got out of the thick canopy - boom - the signal came right back.
This will happen to all GPS's they need a clear view of the sky (they differ howwide view of thesky though) but stick with your Garmin it is the best GPS system out there, I have owned a garmin and now I have a TOMTOM and belive me Garmin is heads and Shoulders above tomtom, the only reason I switched is that TomTom software fits on bluetooth Treo phone and the gps reciver, mostly left in the car, is about half the size of a ciggarette pack.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:59 AM

Default RE: Garmin gps

I bought the Vista CX 2 months ago before a fishing trip to Lake of the Woods, Canada. It worked like a dream. I plan on using it on a hunt in Ohio this fall and will be interested in seeing how well it performs in varying terrain.