Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Flashlights

Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Flashlights

Im curious what type of flashlights others use. Anyone use the Surefire brand? I have several of the surefires, my favorite by far is the U2 Ultra and the E1L outdoorsman.

The E1L is great because of its size and it lasts so long just off of one battery.

I usualy carry both flashlights on me.

Josh
http://www.BohannonBattery.com
"For All Your Battery Needs!"
Old 03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Flashlights

I hate to admit it, but I'm as much a flashlight junkie as I am a knive junkie.

Difference is I am always searching for the best flashlight for my particular needs and with knives well, if I like it I buy it - whether I have a job for it or not. LOL

For my outdoor needs Browning has really stepped up and fufilled all my expectations. Browning stock went up last year when I sank some cash on a good "collection". Here's some of the ones I bought.......

Model 5151 has 2 red LEDs, 2 blue LEDs, 2 white LEDs and a 6V Xenon bulb. It it a great Jack-Of-All-Trades.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=H&cat_id=371&type_id=515

Model 5451 has just a 6V, 5 watt LED that is BRIGHT & FLOODING! Will really light up a good size area & is plenty blinding.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=H&cat_id=371&type_Id=545

Had to pick this one up last week for it's simply intense brightness! Alot of light in a small package. I carry this one daily though because I like it's added value of a non-lethal carry weapon due to it's length and durability. 9V Xenon bulb. Quite, quite bright.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=H&cat_id=371&type_Id=520

Old 03-22-2006, 11:00 AM

I use a Poly Stinger rechargeable. That thing is bright, and not too bulky.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

SureFire with out a doubt. I have the Outdoorsman EL2 & would hate to not have it in my pack.
My Dad could not believe what I paid for a flashlight, then after a little rodeo with the horses on a hunt in the wilderness of Alberta & we were stuck in the woods walking out at night. We finally made it to the truck at midnight & right after it got darkI asked my Dad how much he would give me for the Surefire It was nice to know it would run all night if needed.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the SureFire G2 in yellow. Brighter than any other light I've seen.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:29 AM

Im considering getting the M6 Guardian. I don't really need it, but it would be great to walk around with 500 lumens of light output at night :P

Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 AM

I have the Surefire 6P Originaland love it!!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on what I plan on needing .
I either carry a StreamLight 4AA or a Streamlight Scorpin

The 4AA seams to last forever on a set of 4AA
But now were as bright as the 2 123 batterys in the Scorpin

Johnch
Old 03-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Had to pick this one up last week for it's simply intense brightness! Alot of light in a small package. I carry this one daily though because I like it's added value of a non-lethal carry weapon due to it's length and durability. 9V Xenon bulb. Quite, quite bright.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/lites/detail.asp?value=H&cat_id=371&type_Id=520
I'll second the browning lights.... I got one of the Black Ice 9v Xenon Bulb and is very bright.I use it for everything.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM

Maglite, what else?

Quick Reply: Flashlights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.