Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Flashlights

Old 04-11-2006, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Flashlights

I keep a Surefire on the nightstand next to the Kimber. Great light for putting lots of light on a subject. For hunting, my main carry light is a Petzl Zipka plus. Very versatile light that weighs next to nothing and takes up no room in a pack or pocket. Will run a very long time if needed, has several intensity levels and can be used anywhere. The Surefire has it's place but, with 60 minutes of run time, it's somewhat limited for the long walk out of the mountain back to camp.Also, it's super bright light will ruin your night vision if you're trying to use it in short bursts while walking out. Just my $.02
Old 04-18-2006, 10:45 PM

im a big advocate of a good flashlight for hunting. i carry a big 4 dcell maglight for tracking because it is almost useless trying to track a wounded animal in the dark with a little AA flashlight. the mini mags are great too and know maglight has an led adaptor for them. for about 5 bucks you can pick one up almost anywhere and it will turn your minimag into a three led flashlight.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Surefire brands. I use the E2 Executive, and it’s wonderful. I haven’t had any complaints, a high quality flashlight.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 AM

Surefire all the way! I have a 8NX Commander and a G2. If you can see it with either of those, you probably don't need to see it!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Streamlight Scorpion and this is hands down the brightest light I have seen! I also use CatsEyes on the brim of my hat for walking in and out of the woods as well as up and down my trees. Very useful because it frees up you hands!
The Batteries on the CatsEyes last a very long time! The Scorps Batteries go quicker than a AAA light, if used alot. I use it more for a tracking light!
Old 05-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

A liitle prop for surefire. I also have the commander 8nx and the charger went bad causing the batteries to last only about 5 mins each. I called surefire and explained my problem, which was unknown to me at the time, and they told me to send the whole unit in and they would take care of it. I explained to the guy that it was about 5 years old and he simply stated "send it in and we will take care of it". About 2 weeks later a new unit arrived with no questions asked. After service like that I will never buy another brand.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Joshua1

Im curious what type of flashlights others use. Anyone use the Surefire brand? I have several of the surefires, my favorite by far is the U2 Ultra and the E1L outdoorsman.

The E1L is great because of its size and it lasts so long just off of one battery.

I usualy carry both flashlights on me.

Josh
http://www.BohannonBattery.com
"For All Your Battery Needs!"

What you seek is here:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/
Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a cheap Eveready 3 LED headlamp I got from Wally World and some no name 2 AA I found in a drawer at the house , both serve my needs .
Old 05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

Cyclops LED headlamp..love it
Old 06-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a mini-mag, but I don't use it, I like walking inthe dark. For tracking I come back with my coleman lantern, doesn't get much brighter than that!

Quick Reply: Flashlights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.