Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bad Boy Buggy

Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bad Boy Buggy

I'm sure they work great for what they are, but if you need unlimited range you might want to go with a gas UTV. I use my Mule out west and I'm afraid an electric cart just wouldn't cut it out there..JMO
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 AM

ive talked to people who have them and they said that they are nice. i do work on golf carts gas and electric and you can go for a while without charging the batteries but thats on a golf course. they got quite a bit of torque but i think i would just buy a wheeler
Old 02-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

So we're supposed to accept this as making them better? Do you shoot your game while driving around in it? That's illegal here in Ky where I live! I can see limited applications where it would work, but in the back country, or at rustic deer camp with no electricity, there's no place to plug it in to recharge.

ORIGINAL: Hoyt82
I have a Bad Boy and love it. I see 10 times more game when I am on it versus the Polaris Rangers. It is the answer for hunting.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Since i made the post i did buy one in november 07, i must say i have great time with my buggy hunting in the swamps of south carolina. i have driven up on Hogs,Coyotes,Turkey and other game to within a good range that i could do a stalk. there have been times i have driven to my stand and got to within 50 yards of the stand and had hogs at the stand and gotten out and put pork in the fridge. It has taken me places with ATV's that i was surprised it went and i mean mud covered floor boards and busting brush and never failed me . MY rep for BBB says i push it to the limit here and i do . i belive if a product cant do what its made for i dont need it in the woods. i love my buggy and i think my wife is going to take it for yard work and gardening and im buying the new one they came out with. that being said-------
there are areas that i belive the buggy is bnot made for like the high mountains of montan were you may drive 30 miles ina day or the vast open plains in the dakotas scanning and stalking and that is only because it is a battery power vehicle and the more you challenge it in climbing and ruff areas the more juice you use. dont take me wrong i have spent hours on my hunting property and driven a lot of range and done fine. but i also know to climb a montain with it covering over 20 miles your taking a chance.
if i was in montan or the dakotas maybe i would use something else but for a flatland with small roling hills my buggy does great.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

In thegroup I hunt with, a fewyears back (forget how many), 2 guys each bought one of the BBB. After a couple of seasons they each sold theirs and now ridegas powered UTV's. The main complaint was that there was simply not enough stored energy for a full day's hauling around in the mucky, heavy, slip-sliding and some times up to floor board deep gumbo where I hunt. I am guessing that the amp-hourswere sucked out of the batteries working against that mud.For dryer conditions, these buggies did fine. But it is seldom dry for long come winter time down here. I think they both got rather tired (and maybe embarrased) of being towed out 3-4 times a season. These were some of the first vintage BBB's and I would suspect the '08 - '09's are a bunch improved.The other problem ... you hunt remote areas, charging becomes a problem. No way I know of to haul in 10-15 "gallons" of electricity short of having a generator from which to charge the batteries ... which would require fuel as well.