Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Moultrie GameSpy 200 Trail Cam >

Moultrie GameSpy 200 Trail Cam

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Moultrie GameSpy 200 Trail Cam

Old 01-03-2006, 03:38 PM

Default RE: Moultrie GameSpy 200 Trail Cam

Mine tends to be a pain to hook up to the computer. I turn it on, make sure it is in set up mode, make sure the computer isn't thinking or doing anything else, plug it in and it pops up or just look in the my computer section for "removable disk" Sometimes it works some times it doesn't. Restart the computer if it doesn't, for some reason that helps me.

The flash can be turned off so that might be the problem. Check it out in the set up options.

Mine isn't being used anymore because of the cold but if we get a warm streak I'll put it out and try it again. But so far so good.

[/align]
Old 01-05-2006, 09:35 AM

i checked the cam and the flash was indeed turned on. didn't work tho. taking it back to gander mountain for an exchange today
Old 01-10-2006, 07:39 PM

Spiffy, try having the USB cable hooked to both the Camera & the PC before you turn the camera on. This method consistently works with the 100's I used this season.

Ross
Old 01-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I downloaded my first pics after having the camera up for a week I had 15 for 15 shots some at night some during the day, the day clearly came out better however both were good and I had the camera on it's lowest setting. since I had the camera on 3 shot mode and got the same deer 3 times I assume the trigger is working good. I did have a problem the first 2 days with snow in form of the lens, I made a little roof to put over the camera and beefed up the tree attachedment system and it was good to go
Old 01-16-2006, 09:43 PM

Canuck33, the 3 picture sequence doesnt really give you any better idea about the camera "trigger" than the single pic setting does. After the 1st pic on the 3 pic setting, the camera basically goes into an auto mode. It waits about 12 seconds, fires the second pic, waits about 12 seconds and fires the 3rd. Sometime you get lucky & get 3 pics of the same deer in a row...Sometimes you get blanks after the 1st. I used the 3 pic sequence for 2 reasons in the past: one was to convince myself that the flash wasntspookin thedeer, and the other was to try for multiple shots of every buck that came in. I just put new 200's over feeders on Sunday. I'm gonna give them about 10 days and head out to see the results.

"beefed up the attachment system"...hehe....I'd just as soonMoultrie save me a dollar and leave tha spiffy attaching system of theirs out of the box!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:07 AM

I don't have a 200 (yet) but I do have two of the 100s--so that kinda makes 200!

Anyways, whenever I put out my cameras, I always put them over a food source, since I haven't had the greatest success having them just on a trail (though I have had pictures). The one problem I am having now is getting my rechargable batteries from Moultrie to hold a charge! Anyone else having this problem? Either way, I'm pretty satisfied with the cameras, and you just can't complain about the price either!
Old 01-19-2006, 08:16 PM

I have not used the moultrie battery. I bought some 4.5 amp hour batteries at a computer store and have had good luck with them. Typically they will take 200 low res pics,at leasthalf w/flash, and last 3 weeks or so.
I did put 2 new 200's in the woods last Sunday. This time I put solar panels on them. It had been 4 days and 27 pics...13 w/flash. Cam is still showing battery to be fully charged.
If anyone is interested, I picked mine up online at wholesale hunter for $22 freight and all.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I use cabalas 5 amphr batteries at $9.95 and solor panels at $19.95 in my moultire 1.3 cameras, two of them, and they work weeks if in full sun for just a few hours each day. Cold weather does lower battery life some though. Also, the single sequence will lenghten the battery life a lot instead of 3 shot sequence. Recharging the flash is what takes up battery juice.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Spike

I purchased the 200 had it out for over one week, with deer tracks all around the camera and the only picture it took was the one I was in to test it. I brought it home and found that I had to stand in front of the camerafor 12 to 15 seconds before it would trigger. I sent it back and got a new one it seems to work in the house. Haven't had it out yet.