Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Moultrie game feeder question........ >

Moultrie game feeder question........

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Moultrie game feeder question........

Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Moultrie game feeder question........

I have a economy game feeder from Moultrie. I replaced the battery, and it still doesn't operate. When I hook up the battery, the spinner plate activates, which it is suppose to do, to reset it's self, but no feeding takes place at dusk or dawn!! Could it be that the photocell is bad? Any help is appreciated!!

PS: the feeder did work earlier this year, then it stopped........
Old 12-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Moultrie game feeder question........

I had the same problem with my moultrie, and foundthe black wire from the photocelleye to the pc board had come loose, after a little TLC with the soldering Iron, I got it working again. good luck I hope this is helpful
Old 12-18-2005, 01:28 PM

Lowtemp, I took my multimeter with me, and found that the photocell burned out. I could see that the filament in the cell was smoked!! I'm going to call Moultrie, to see if they will send me a photocell. I'll let ya know how their sevice is.........
Old 12-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had some problems with mine. the power wires were soldered backwards but they fixed it. i also had vibration problems making parts loose so i coated the wires with liquid electrical tape. i modded mine even further by drilling 2 small holes in the bottom to run a piece of small diameter rope cord to hold the battery to the inside of the case so it wasnt floating around. i also had a problem with the alligator clips vibrating off the battery terminals after a couple days so i would add some tape. i even added an eyebolt to the bottom of the can so i could run a cable to lock it up. just strip the threads with a pair of pliers after the nut is tightened so it cant be taken apart. all in all ive had 2 of the cheap moultries and other than one getting stolen worked as advertized.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 PM

LIQUID AND LOW TEMP, I called Moultrie, and they said thatthey would fix the problem. Thanks for your input.