Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Why are Randall Made knives so expensive? >

Why are Randall Made knives so expensive?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Why are Randall Made knives so expensive?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why are Randall Made knives so expensive?

Call me frugal, call me cheap! My 10.00,25+ year old, Coleman/Western Skinner, will skin anything a Randall will!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Cheap Frugal, my wife bought me a CutCo Hunting Skinner in 1970 and it's still skinnig!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Careful there Reb, careful! They will soon start figuring out our age! or WORSE.........CutCo, and Coleman will get popular, and they'll raise their prices! But, thats OK............
we'll probably never need to buy another one in our lifetimes!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

Careful there Reb, careful! They will soon start figuring out our age! or WORSE.........CutCo, and Coleman will get popular, and they'll raise their prices! But, thats OK............
we'll probably never need to buy another one in our lifetimes!

Jag, the crazy thing is, I go to Smoky Mountain Knifetwice a year and always leave with one!
Still using the CutCo and it's 36 years old!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog
Jag, the crazy thing is, I go to Smoky Mountain Knifetwice a year and always leave with one!
Yeah, I'm really just pickin' on these guys! I have many knives too! But my trusty ol' Coleman/Western,IS my "go to" blade!
Speaking of Smoky Mountain Knives, we've had trouble getting catalogs from them over here! Have they scaled back business?I'd love to go there, if I'm ever in the neigborhood!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog
Yeah, I'm really just pickin' on these guys! I have many knives too! But my trusty ol' Coleman/Western,IS my "go to" blade!
Speaking of Smoky Mountain Knives, we've had trouble getting catalogs from them over here! Have they scaled back business?I'd love to go there, if I'm ever in the neigborhood!

Gosh Jag, they were finishing the third floor when I was there in Oct.,05. You might want to order it over the phone?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:47 AM

Hey Jagman and Rebel Hog. I remeber a line for something "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever". Maybe when one buy s a Randall, He ceases to have interest in cheap assembly line made knives. I don't know.
I know I just spent $3000.00 on an electric guitar. And I can't put it down. It just .......fits in my hands.
okcmco
Old 01-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: okcmco

Hey Jagman and Rebel Hog. I remeber a line for something "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever". Maybe when one buy s a Randall, He ceases to have interest in cheap assembly line made knives. I don't know.
I know I just spent $3000.00 on an electric guitar. And I can't put it down. It just .......fits in my hands.
okcmco

I would take a custom Grohmann over a Randall anyday!
It's not in the beauty, it's in the steel and the edge it keeps!

Every knife, a masterpiece
Proudly North American Made for Over 45 Years
Old 01-12-2006, 08:48 AM

Rebel, that's my point though. Every knife I've owned from $40-140 doesn't hold an edge very well. I've had Benchmade, Kershaw, Buck (the worst) and others. I'm willing to spend a little more to buy a knife that will hopefully hold an edge better and longer. I went to the costco website because of the fondness you have for your knife and the complications with buying one make me nervous. If you have some insight into costco and how you buy stuff, I'd be happy to hear it (either here or via email). Thanks.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Bean's, did you go into Costco web-site? You need to go to the Cutco web-site!

CUTCO Cutlery : Welcome

Subject: Re: There are at least eight disadvantages to Cutco knives.
Date: September 10, 2004 at 11:35 am PST
In Reply to: There are at least eight disadvantages to Cutco knives. posted by Sean on March 28, 2004 at 8:27 am:
1. My family has had cutco for 25 years and we have only had to sharpen them about 3 times.
2. its not a serrated edge. serrated edges can NOT be resharpened.
3. henkels doesnt have a forever garantee.
4. the last time they were resharpened, someone came to the house and did it. we didnt pay s**t.
5. the blades are perfectly balanced, what do you mean when you say they arent balanced?
6. Now, im not a huge fan of knives in general, but i *do* know that cutco's table knife is the best damn knife out there. Yeah, kitchen knives arent made to cut thru leather, but ill tell you, it cuts clean and true through food as well.
7. If youve never really owned cutco, you cant say it sucks. weve had wustof. we like cutco better.

Quick Reply: Why are Randall Made knives so expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.