Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Moultrie digital game-cam batteries >

Moultrie digital game-cam batteries

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Moultrie digital game-cam batteries

Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Moultrie digital game-cam batteries

We have 3 brand new Moultrie 1.3 MP digital game-cams. We put 6volt gel cells w/solar panels on all three. The problem is, that we are only getting about 3 or 4 days worth before the batteries are COMPLETELY drained. We usually get about 20 or so pictures before this happens. I realize that digital flash cameras use alot of juice, but we thought with the solar panels (all are getting good afternoon sun), they would keep up. I understand the whole "you get what you pay for" speech, these were FREE. We have NO problem with the quality of the pics, just battery life. We have used other 35mm cameras in the past, and they would be good with C or D batteries for 2-3 weeks. Anyone have any similar experiences? Suggestions? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Spike

Default RE: Moultrie digital game-cam batteries

cj7zrcool,---We have been useing the 6v 5Ah rechargable batteries with all of our Moultrie cams and we easly get 30 to 40 days with 20 to 50 pictures per week. We use the standard Moultrie solar panel and point it at the morning sun (this is very important). The batteries were purchased from our local Battery Plus outlet and the brand name is Werker. Other tips for trail cameras and reviews of most cameras can be viewed at www.chasingame.com. come visit us Bill
Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Spike

I'm using the recharchable 6 volt battery from Moultrie as well (no solar panels) and I've had 2 weeks andcounting without a charge needed.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:52 AM

I could see one camerahaving trouble with battery life - but not all three. I have four of the moultrie digitals, no solar panels, and use4.5 amp hour rechargeable sealed lead-acid batteries (Radio Shack). I get 3 weeks in between charges and 40 pictures/week. Could be that the batteries are defective or they were not charged to begin with. The battery charger might be defective also.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:30 PM

Could bebad batteries, we'll check. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

I've got two Moultries and use the rechargable batteries with solor chargers. I get 30 to 40 days on the battery each with plenty of pics on each camera. I adjust the solor panel accordingly as the sun changes with the season. Camera has been is same place since Feb. Also, always face the camera down a trail and not across it and not facing east or west. Moultrie says the rising and setting sun effects the heat seeking detection part of the camera and may give false readings if faced this way. I face mine to the north and they work great. The long cord on the charger allows me to turn the panel to get the most sun too. Just my two cents worth.