Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Ceramic Bladed knives worth the cost? >

Ceramic Bladed knives worth the cost?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ceramic Bladed knives worth the cost?

Old 10-04-2002, 08:00 PM

Default Ceramic Bladed knives worth the cost?

Anyone have one? How long does it stay sharp? If it is as hard as a diamond, how do you sharpen it? Is it hard to sharpen? I am a little tired of easily dulled knives....
Old 10-06-2002, 10:24 PM

Default RE: Ceramic Bladed knives worth the cost?

I have used a few in the kitchen. You Cannot re-sharpen them they must be sent back to the factory...which wasn't the problem as they will stay sharp for years.
The problem is durability...they break easily. If dropped, the blades shatter like, well...like ceramic.
I guess it depends on the usage. I wouldn't suggest using it on or near any bones, but they are incredibly sharp and stay sharp for a long time. Good luck

ChefKell
Old 10-08-2002, 07:29 AM

I have a Bokker, which I reserve for deer skinning-seems to dull quicker on the hogs. After a few animals it seems to loose it's edge, and it sure is a pain to send it back to Colorado to get sharpened. Breakage can also be a problem as mentioned previously. My recommendation would be to buy a good quality traditional blade and resharpen as needed.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:27 AM

ANYTHING DULLS ON PIGSKIN!!! They are great for holding the edge. Have to member that the strength is what holds the edge but it also makes them extremely brittle if dropped or jammed. It will last an edge forever.

Hey, size may not matter but it sure IS nice!