Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Danner or Irish Setter

Old 09-28-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Danner or Irish Setter

Which boots do you like better, Danners or Irish Setters? I don't have either but I'm leaning toward the Danners. What ones do you think are more durable and comfortable?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Danner or Irish Setter

I have both and they have both served me well. I will say for an all leather boot I liked the Danner better. I have the Danner "Trophy" model and compared them to the "Elk Hunter", for me the Danners were the better boot. They have been superb and replaced my old pair of Danner "Canadians" that served me very well for many years. The Irish Setters I have are the Trackers (800 grams) and I have been pleased for the 5 years I have owned them.

Good Luck

Old 09-28-2005, 08:37 PM

Danners!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Irish Setter boots. They fit my foot better than Danner’s. Last year I purchased a pair of Setters called Elk Hunters. They are 10” with kangaroo leather. Like bedroom slippers.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:12 PM

Irish setters have a well earned rep. I own some redwings myself. But the new setters are almost or completely made in China. Danner still has some boots made in USA. Also check out browning which are made by the venerable HH brown co. They also have some USA made boots starting at a couple of hundred bucks
okcmco
Old 10-03-2005, 06:32 AM

I own a pair of both Danner and Irish Setters. Both are Kangaroo hyde with gore-tex (uninsulated). Both are excellent boots with similar construction and longevity. I would try a pair of both of them on and see which one fits/feels better and is in your price range. Personally, I don't think you will be disappointed with either.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:33 AM

If you are looking for an excellent American made boot try the Russell Moccasin Company.

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I've never owned a pair of Danners but I guess I need to get some, if they arte better than Irish Setters. I just got back from a 6 day wilderness hunt for Elk & Deer in Alberta & my Elk Trackers were the best thing I bought for the trip. They are hands down the best hunting boot I have owned.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

When I was at the Sidney, Ne Cabela's store I asked the the clerk in the footwear department what is the lightest hightop, waterproof boot they sell. He said,"Danner Pronghorn". Three years later of heavy use I am still getting good service out of the pair I purchased.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:54 PM

I have a pair of Irish Setter Elk Trackers, kangaroo leather, 600 grams insulation. They're comfortable but a bit warm. Not enough snow where I am!

Quick Reply: Danner or Irish Setter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.