Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Danner or Irish Setter

Old 10-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Danner or Irish Setter

I like the dogs
Old 10-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just an update, after returning from a very wet/cool moose hunt I came to find my Irish Setter's are now weeping at the boot stitching on the top of the toe. However 5 years of heavy use in fall and winter, considering the low cost they have served me well. Obviously due to the conditionsI couldn't wear them on this hunt much so the danner's got bulk of the duty and performed awesome. They held out the water which I was in the entire trip besides in camp and were plenty warm where the daytime temps barely cracked the freezing mark all but 1 day we were hunting. For the all leather design they are very light on the feet and I had no fatigue issues(my boots were on 14 hours a day). The tread proved once again great and support offered assistance as well to the tough conditions. Any way just thought I'd share some of my recent experiences.

Best of luck
Old 10-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Haven't had a pair of Irish Setter's in about 6 or 7 years now because about 6 or 7 years ago I tried a pair of Danners and haven't looked back since.

Danner all the way for me.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:51 PM

I would say go with the one that fits your foot better. The Danner 'Trophy' model is built on a different last than that of the Danner 'Elk hunter' found at Cabelas...I ended up buying the 'Trophy' duringsummer at a GREATdiscount. By the way, I followed the instructions for breaking in the boots (Danner Website), these boots fit like a glove now. Can't wait to use these this year in Wyo.

Regards,

GS