Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tower Box Stands

Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Tower Box Stands

We need another box stand that is metal or metal and plastic and am looking for comments on stands that you use. We do not want to build one we have built enough. We just want to buy one and set it up. Looking for a double stand.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Tower Box Stands

I just build my own, but heres a link to look at: http://store.texashunterproducts.com/blinds.html

Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 PM

Stone I have probably hunted out of about 98% of the commerical "towerstands" out there and my personal favorite for reasonable cost, ease of construction/setup and outstanding quality and durability leave only one choice.

www.blynd.com

The realitive lighweight makes them easily movable (for a tower stand) periodically. An added benefit is that with the windows closed and in direct sunlight, they warm up slightly (about 20degrees) in the sunlight due too the black plastic outter shell. You of course can paint them (or even Camo Clad them) to match any surroundings. They will literally last FOREVER!!!

Good luck,
RA
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 PM

Stone, I also have a BLYND stand . I have been very satisfied with it. Customer service is EXCELLENT, and they are not too far from you. I am sure you can find a dealer close to wherever you are on LA.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stone Cold, I see you are from south Louisiana, pretty much the same climate as east Texas. You may want to rethink buying a metal or plastic box stand! I've hunted in one of the black plastic commercial stands, and they are way too hot for comfort! Even in cool weather, the sun overheats plastic and metal stands very quickly.You could have a heat stroke in one of those things!
If its portability that you want, try building one out of lighter materials.
My "boxes" are now made of 2X2 frames, and the thinest, lightest plywood that I can get. The legs and floor base are still a little heavy, but as far as the box goes, if you bolt each side to the base with two or three lag screws, and use three or four decking screws to tie each corner together, you will have a stand that two people can take down and rebuild in about an hour, with only a cordless drill and a socket set! Before you tie the sides together, it feels too flimsy to be any good, but once its put together, it as strong as any deer stand will ever need to be!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:12 AM

I build my own and have sold many that i have built . I have had MANY repeat customers and would have many more if i just had the time to build the stands!
I really don't like the commercial stands that i have seen plus they are WAY over priced for you get.
Come on i wouldnt want to hunt out of a porta potty look a like!!!!!!!!![:'(]

My wife saw one and said the same thing!

Sorry stone cold i know our hunting areas aren't that far away but all my stands i am going to build this are spoken for! Trust me you would like them!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:56 PM

ease of construction/setup and outstanding quality and durability leave only one choice
None of those words describe my expierience with "The Blynd". They are pieces of crap. It came without all the pieces neccessary to assemble it.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: texhookem

ease of construction/setup and outstanding quality and durability leave only one choice
None of those words describe my expierience with "The Blynd". They are pieces of crap. It came without all the pieces neccessary to assemble it.
I have seen better built porta pottys!!!!!!!!!!