Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Barska Huntmaster scopes any good >

Barska Huntmaster scopes any good

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Barska Huntmaster scopes any good

Old 08-13-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Barska Huntmaster scopes any good

Are the Barska Huntmaster Scopes any good

Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Barska Huntmaster scopes any good

I don't know about the huntmasters, but the ones I have seen I would rate up there with a simmons 8 point, maybe. My opinion would be to spend a few extra bucks and get something better. I have had BSA's that looked better.

I bought one used and sold it a few months later. I don't remember the model or anything though. It may have been a 3-9x50, but it might have been a 4-16 power. I bought it and sold it for 10 bucks. It functioned well enough on the .22 I had it on, but the optics left a lot to be desired.

I certainly would not buy one without looking at it first. I think Dunham's and other simular chains carry them.

Paul
Old 08-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with Paul's comments. A Tasco or Simmons model would be of better optical quality than something like the Barska.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:47 PM

Actually, If I am not wrong, BArska in China manufactures scopes for Simmons, tasco and other inexpensive optics companies. I have a Barska 3x9x40 on my Marlin 882 in .22 mag. Resolution seems decent for a 35 dollor scope and it seems to be holding up fine, but I would hate to drop it to find out it was more fragile than a Nikon or Leupold (or weaver).
Also the Barska atlantic series binoculars are well recieved on the birding forums I belong to. Word is they are alot of glass for the money
However! I bought it before I decided to NOT BUT CHINESE GOODS AT ALL if I can help it. The fact that China has not fairly valued thier currency chaps my hide. Basicly they are purposely keeping thier currency undervalued so that they can beat domestics and exports from other countries in cost. This is patently against international business regulations, but we still give them favored nation status. Also, even though our import duties on Chinese goods is Quite low, China has exhorbitant import duties on American goods (Higher than other EU nations). And there is a big demand for US made goods in China if only the people could afford them. Since our GOVT is laying down and taking this behaviour, I have decided to boycott Chinese goods when possible. Might make no difference but I hold my head up higher!
okcmco