Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

hunting soaps

Old 08-02-2005, 08:01 PM

Default hunting soaps

Do the soaps that remove the human scent really work? If so can you recommend which brand you use?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 AM

Default RE: hunting soaps

In my experience, they do help in combination with laundry scent free non-UV brightening detergents and clothes/boot spray. Any of the major brands work as well IMO, ie Robinson Labs, Scent Away, Xscent.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes , they do . Simply using an unscented regular bar does about as well . It's the perfume in most bath bars that gets you nailed . I use HS soap with Triclosan , their bodywash also contains it .
Old 08-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

tbo, I think you got goodadvise!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

In my experience, they do help in combination with laundry scent free non-UV brightening detergents and clothes/boot spray. Any of the major brands work as well IMO, ie Robinson Labs, Scent Away, Xscent.
I would agree. I have used several though I always seem to come back to the Wildlife Research Scent Killer soap myself. I have often seen it mentioned that several folks have had good success just using Ivory.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:52 PM

I use the H.S. green body wash, and it works very well. I take a shower with it and wash my entire body the morning before the hunt. I also used it for washing before handling my traps, and after I caught an animal in the trapsI would wash the traps in a solution of the soap and water. It worked very well. If it will work for trapping foxes it will definetly work for deer hunting!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Ivory unscented hand soap, Ivory unscented shampoo.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using Ivory bar soap for years with no ill effects. I use unscented detergent, air dry in direct sunlight(if possible) and have always used unscented anti-perspirant. I worry more about the wind then anything else. Minimize your scent but personally believe the only way to 100% eliminatedetection is keep the wind off their nose!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:26 AM

I agree with what everyone here has said. Here's a link to some outstanding products that really work. http://www.kishelscents.com/special_buy.htm
These are the best I've ever used. I used their elk scents as well as their soaps last year and had numerous elk walk right to me and their deer scents work equally as well. Big thing is use as little of the perfume soaps as you can.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ivory has worked for me for years.Not knocking the other stuff but you can't beat the priceLOL