Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

bsa scope oppinions

Old 07-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default bsa scope oppinions

What are your oppinions on these scopes . I got a good deal on a 3x9x42 30 mill tube .It seems very bright , but I am concerned about it keeping zero , and durability .
Old 07-31-2005, 12:10 PM

Default RE: bsa scope oppinions

jimmy don't take this personal, you asked so here it is. They are THE biggest piece of doggypoo on the market. I simply don't understand how they sell as many scopes as they do (well I understand, they are cheap and there are plenty of cheap hunters out there). I have had to endure selling those pieces of crap for several years (only carry them because people ask for them, but we've NEVER had repeat customers for BSA!) and simply won't sell them to someone I consider a friend or good customer. I would rather sell someone a Bushnell Trophy or Tasco World Class than I had a BSA. If you can't pay over $100 for a scope then do yourself a favor and buy a used Nikon, Burris or Bushnell on Ebay for that kind of money. TRUST ME, you'll be glad you did in the end.

The only case that I can think they might be ok is when on air rifles or rimfires. Other than that, RUN FORREST RUN!!! [:'(]
RA
Old 08-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

RedAllison , thanks for the reply , dont make appoligies . I can't understand why some on these broads get upset when another tells them something they dont want to hear . Not me bud , I apreaciate the honesty , and was asking for oppinions . Belive me I have been beraided for my oppinions on this and other boards . Ive decided to put a simmons atec on it , I had a 3.8x12 , 50 mill and now its going to good use . with the range of the 270wsm I believe the big scope is justifed , my other chioce was a2x7 , 32 leupole , witch is a favorite of mine , light accurate and powerful . Hey Ill pond the bsa off on someone else .
Old 08-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

jimmy don't take this personal, you asked so here it is. They are THE biggest piece of doggypoo on the market. I simply don't understand how they sell as many scopes as they do (well I understand, they are cheap and there are plenty of cheap hunters out there). I have had to endure selling those pieces of crap for several years (only carry them because people ask for them, but we've NEVER had repeat customers for BSA!) and simply won't sell them to someone I consider a friend or good customer. I would rather sell someone a Bushnell Trophy or Tasco World Class than I had a BSA. If you can't pay over $100 for a scope then do yourself a favor and buy a used Nikon, Burris or Bushnell on Ebay for that kind of money. TRUST ME, you'll be glad you did in the end.

The only case that I can think they might be ok is when on air rifles or rimfires. Other than that, RUN FORREST RUN!!! [:'(]
RA
I hate to agree with RA (he suffers from severe magnumitis), so I'll just say I don't disagree with anything he said. BSA is decent for a pellet gun, but hunting rifles need optics that are up to the task.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:44 PM

ra. are you a gun dealer?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:30 PM

I had a 3x9 and whenI wouldfocus the objective to make the target clearer, the reticle is fuzzy. Adjust so the reticle is sharp and the target is fuzzy. It's a no win situation.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Bb gun
Special
Always

I have a BSA on one of my .22s , it's ok , but even a cheap Tasco would be better .
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM

Dano I don't personally hold a FFL. But I grewup in the business with my brother having owned 3 large stores in west TN for the last 20 years. Hunting and fishing is about all I do (I use golf as an excuse to drink beer, wear funny clothes and drive lil cars around with buddies on occasion, but ONLY when the weather is nice! If it's hot enough to sweat outside then it's TOO HOT for golf. And I picked up the na$ty habit of Harley's nearly 10 years ago!) so I am "consumed" with it and see alot of good and bad stuff when dealing products too the public for as long as I have. Whenever I make a recommendation, it is typically not only from personal experience but also based on track records and service histories that I have been witness too as a result of being in the business for 2 decades. I have seen ALOT of companies come and go and I have seen ALOT of good products become poor products and vice versa!

My brother finally grew tired of retail and closed his places down earlier this year so just lastmonth I went to work for a new place in my hometown that just this spring added hunting and fishing equipment too their Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki dealership. Pretty much any gun that a person wants, I can get. Being that you are in AL I can sell you long guns, but TN law prohibits handgun sales to anyone outside of TN residents.

Come on up and see me in Jackson, TN at The Great Outdoor Store if you're ever up our way!
RA

ps
Of course there's ALWAYS benefits too being in the business as well, just lastnight we spent the afternoon with a Beretta rep. We fired all their shotguns (DAMN I gotta get me a Silverpigeon III, she shoots better than my beloved Citori! [:@] ) and we blazed away with Storm 9s and 45s.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have to agree. Spend the extra $$ and either go up to the Nikon, etc. or buy a good used one if you can.
I used to buy Leupold's, but have found Nikon to be an incredible Optic for the $$.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

BSA is decent for a pellet gun, but hunting rifles need optics that are up to the task.
Actually high powered springerair rifles are harder on scopes than most high powered rifles because they recoil in two directions.

Quick Reply: bsa scope oppinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.