Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Sams Club ATV

Old 07-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sams Club ATV

Has anyone seen the ATV that Sams Club has starting carrying? I forgot the name of it, but it looked similar to a Honda. It had a foreign name and the price on it was $3000 even. I figure it is a generic model from one of the foreign built atvs.

thanks b
Old 07-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sams Club ATV

Borty, the best place for a Sam's Club 4 wheeler is right where you saw it, on the shelve at Sam's. Forget it! I've seen guys pick up some of the "knock offs" available out there and REGRET it later. Everyone of them immedieately/quickly had problems. Everything from things just plain falling apart to electrical problems to mechanical problems to a cracked frame (not weld-frame). When I went to weld the frame it was so thin I had to weld a "splint" over it.

If anyone were to buy one of the off brands I would have to suggest getting it home and literally checking EVERY NUT, BOLT, FASTNER & ELECTRICAL CONNECTION before putting it in service.

A much better way to go in my opinion is to just pick up a new, lower cost ATV (probobly 2WD) from any of the big 4 (not Polaris, in my opinion). Any of their 250/300/350's would hold up better and have service people to service them. You can't find service manuals for the other oddball's out there.

There's a ton of 1, 2 & 3 year old ATV's out there, too at good prices. I'm looking at the local PepBoys Auto sale paper and there's a "Wilderness 250cc 2WD ATV for $2299. I'm sure if I looked, I could find something like a 2-3 year old Kawasaki Bayou for that or less and it would easily be a better machine, even if it didn'y have tires and was riding on just rims.

Good luck.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:20 PM

Oh man STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people really consider just flushing thier money!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:24 PM

That sorry, cheap Chinese garbage is just that GARBAGE!!! Just watch what happens shortly when they start importing those Chinese cars over here, TOTAL hunks of junk (assuming they can even pass govt crash tests).

Don't let your "cheap glasses" cloud your vision. When buying a decent machine, consider also that you aren't costing yourself more money. A relationship with a dealers service and parts department is worth something. Also, consider what a quality Honda, Yammie, Kawasaki etc ATC is worth. Unless you totally trash it out and the powertrain is worn out, they are worth half what you pay for them at just about anytime in the longer future. This Chinese garbage you are asking about wont even last long enough to have a future trade in value, but even if it did you can rest assure that it will be worth NOTHING!!!

I to recommend looking for something used if you just have a couple thousand to spend on a ATC. For just hunting, IMHO there is NO reason to have a quad over 400cc. I know everyone just wants and thinks they have to have the latest greatest 800cc mountain pounder. But a 250/300 2x4 quad will haul two men and all their equipment just about anywhere you want to go. They will likewise haul deer out as well. A used 4x4 Timberwolf is a GREAT lil bike to look for and will do it all, it just wont run 80mph on the topend or pull a 4k # trailer.

Good luck,
RA
Old 07-31-2005, 02:17 PM

Its not even a question, stay away from it. Go with something reputable like Honda or Yamaha.