Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

P&Y Club

Old 05-04-2004, 03:17 PM

Default P&Y Club

I hate the P&Y club and the B&C club. What about you guys. I have numerous animals that can be entered but I will never enter them. Just want to hear some thoughts.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: P&Y Club

Just wondering why you hate them?
Old 05-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always wanted to get into the P&Y record book. I guess I really don't know that much about them. What is it that you don't like?
Old 05-04-2004, 05:00 PM

i'd love to be in either, mostly Pope & Young, but what is there to hate?? i always thought that would be a dream come true!!

-Hoyt
Old 05-04-2004, 06:03 PM

I would love to take a P & Y animal, as I think anyone would. What would you guys get out of seeing your name in a book? You have to pay to get the animal in the book then pay 70 bucks for the book. All that it is, is a group of people that think they are better then everyone else. If you are trying to make a carrer out of hunting I understand entering your animals.

Who is to say that one of gods creations is not perfect. All animals should be measured by total inches not "there" understanding of what is right. (Just so you know all of my animals would make "there" grade, none miss because of this reason. However some of the best animals will not be records because of stupid things, such as points that don't come perfectly off of the top of the main beam, which was scored as a point off of a point.

I think people that need to see there name in a book, so they can be happy with there hunting accomplishments, need to look at what hunting is about. Just my thoughts.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:25 PM

I really don't know much about them. But i am happy for 2 reasons: 1. My name is going in and im 14 2. It was my first deer ever.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate the P&Y club and the B&C club. What about you guys.
I cant say that I hate them. However it's my personal opinion that they've created a monster!

Trophy hunting itself is going to ruin hunting (already is) for the average working stiff who cant afford to pay rediculous prices for a lease just to go hunting. I could give a rats behind how much bone my animal has on it's head! I'd rather have more places to hunt!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:29 AM

"I could give a rats behind how much bone my animal has on it's head!"

Then you should be happy with a doe right? If so then I'm sure you can find plenty of places to kill a doe. Those "rich hunters" are just after big racked bucks, so why dont you go and ask them if you could kill a doe off of there place? Since you dont care about the horns, then you should have plenty of places to deer hunt.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then you should be happy with a doe right? If so then I'm sure you can find plenty of places to kill a doe. Those "rich hunters" are just after big racked bucks, so why dont you go and ask them if you could kill a doe off of there place? Since you dont care about the horns, then you should have plenty of places to deer hunt.
WAKE UP MAN!

To answer your question , damn right I'll take a doe anyday!
Now show me the leases that will let me come and harvest does on their property and dont tell me to come all the way down to Texas to do so! Do you have a lease? Do you open it up to any hunters who want to harvest does?
Old 05-05-2004, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

There seems to be three groups of people who get offended when I point out the truth about trophy hunting and what it's doing to our hunting heritage.
The ones who can afford to pay for great leases or purchase a ton of land and trophy hunt.
The ones who profit from the lease.
The die hard trophy hunters.

Quick Reply: P&Y Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.