Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Digital Trail Cams

Old 08-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Digital Trail Cams

Strut I believe it is just the new 3.0 model for this year with the standard/long range flash.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh ,Ok, I thought I was missing something, I knew I had read and read the manual and don't recall anything about and adjustable flash, Thanks for the info.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I've tested five cameras and have number six on the way and there is a problem here. I can pick out a good picture from each camera and make you all think that each camera takes pretty good pictures. The thing that I can't show you is what all of the pictures look like at each download.

This is where the better cameras shine. The better cameras will have about 95% - very good pictures. The poor pictures will be when rain is over the lens or if I set it up directily into the sunrise or sunset.

The cheap cameras will have under 50% - good pictures. The poor pictures are due to lighting and just the sharpness of the pictures as well as rain and sun. The electronics are of a poorer quality in the cheaper game cameras.

You will get pictures of deer with the cheap ones but you will also get a lot of pictures where you wish you could see a lot better. The last time I collected my three cameras the Leaf River took over 500 pictures. When I was trying to pick the best pictures to put on my site there were no Leaf River pictures that could match the quality of the other two cameras that I had out. The other two cameras both had real digital cameras in them. Together they had taken close to 500 pictures as well.

I don't like to continually bash the cheaper game cameras here but it's tough to make a good decision on one picture.

John

Old 08-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Digital trail cam

Snoogsdad makes some good points , but when you're talking about a digital that you're only really using to see what's out there , not opening an exhibit at an art gallery , then how sharp do the pics need to be ? You aren't wasting film , so isn't 50% of 54-108 frames adequate ?

Yeah , I'd rather take nicer pics , but for general scouting almost any trail cam will do , and the one in the link above is very affordable .
Old 08-13-2005, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

How was the trip time on the Leaf River compared to the Cuddeback? I have a Cuddeback and it seems to be pretty quick, but I'm always looking to upgrade.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Trip time for my Leaf River is about 5-6 seconds. The Cuddeback is at one second or less.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately my Cuddeback quit working after only a couple dozen pictures so I never had the chance to test it against any of the other cameras but it was evident that it would have been faster than the Leaf River. The Leaf River is the slowest camera that I have tested so far.

John
Old 08-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Snoogsdad

Unfortunately my Cuddeback quit working after only a couple dozen pictures so I never had the chance to test it against any of the other cameras but it was evident that it would have been faster than the Leaf River.
John

Did you send it back to the factory for a refund or what?
I have sent one of mine back twice so I wonder if they would give a refund for a lemon
Old 08-14-2005, 10:25 AM

I just bought two of the Moultrie Game Spy digital cameras and so far I couldn't be happier. I got them on sale at Bass Pros fall classic for $100 a piece. I have only had them out for 24hrs and checked the SD card with my palm pilot and had 24 pics and 18 were deer and the rest coons with only 3 pics with nothing on them. One had only rain drops because we had a really hard rain last night. The pics look great! Even the night pics at about 35 yards look really good. I was worried about the power of the flash but I think this camera is going to work just fine for scouting. That is primarily what I am using them for and for $100 a piece I can afford to buy a couple more and scout more areas at one time. Oh yeah and the setup is extremely easy. I think for the money this camera is absolutely great.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

I had purchase the Cuddeback from Cabelas and they gave me a refund.

John

Quick Reply: Digital Trail Cams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.